GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Forest Industries Stage 1 Mount Kit - DSG

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I just don’t think these mounts would work for people like myself with catch cans that mount to the engine mount. Hmmm.
Get creative with the catch can mounting. I have bfi stage 2 mounts and just flipped the mounting arm on my catch can to use one of the headlight bolts instead of the motor mount.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
I wonder how NVH stage-1 mounts are almost same as stock ( said 3~4%) and how not noticeable? ......Poly is poly.
Hyde reviewed BFI tranny mount to increase NVH, so he moved to 034 mounts once.

Did anyone install and compare different mounts like BSH vs VF vs ECS(spam) vs Torque solution vs BFI? Each mounts are different durometer, BSH-85A, TS-75A, BFI-70A....

Hyde had mixed match mounts. He did not use a full set until he went 034. 70a is the reason, you are thinking that all mounts are the same density. But as you increase from say 70 up to a track mount of 85 there is a big jump in NVH.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Get creative with the catch can mounting. I have bfi stage 2 mounts and just flipped the mounting arm on my catch can to use one of the headlight bolts instead of the motor mount.

Ehhh, I’d prefer not nig rigging key components like that. We’ll see when we get there. I’m sure I can find a longer bolt to switch instead of using the provided with the mount.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Ehhh, I’d prefer not nig rigging key components like that. We’ll see when we get there. I’m sure I can find a longer bolt to switch instead of using the provided with the mount.

We must have different definitions of what "rigging" is. I just flipped the mounting arm to the other side and used an existing bolt for the headlight. Just as sturdy as mounting to the engine mount if you ask me.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Hyde had mixed match mounts. He did not use a full set until he went 034. 70a is the reason, you are thinking that all mounts are the same density. But as you increase from say 70 up to a track mount of 85 there is a big jump in NVH.
IIRC, Hyde had BFI stg-1 engine mount first and it's OK w/ NVH and later added tranny mount, but He replaced to 034 rubber mounts shortly due to NVH.
I knew all mounts are different durometer, so I wonder how much NVH is different b/w 70A and 75A? and everyone has different sensitive. ;)
Anyone has installed one to another? and comments?

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
IIRC, Hyde had BFI stg-1 engine mount first and it's OK w/ NVH and later added tranny mount, but He replaced to 034 rubber mounts shortly due to NVH.
I knew all mounts are different durometer, so I wonder how much NVH is different b/w 70A and 75A? and everyone has different sensitive. ;)
Anyone has installed one to another? and comments?

Yea he did the trans mount but never all three like this set is. I think you have to balance the three mounts together to get an honest opinion of the set.

I would also be interested in see if anyone have had multiple mounts.

So speaking from my current setup I am just really happy with what they add to how the car feels and drives.

Jaber

Modero
Yea he did the trans mount but never all three like this set is. I think you have to balance the three mounts together to get an honest opinion of the set.

I would also be interested in see if anyone have had multiple mounts.

So speaking from my current setup I am just really happy with what they add to how the car feels and drives.

I agree, I usually see people post that NVH changes (less vibrations) when doing all the mounts, versus just one or two areas.

I have 034 Billet Insert, APR Pendulum and 034 SD Engine/Trans mount. I personally think NVH increase is pretty minimal, kind of wish I went with BF Stage 1, for something a little more stiff. I did the insert and pendulum first, at the same time. I want to say majority of the NVH was from that. When I got the engine/trans mount installed, NVH felt like it was less in some circumstances, but increased a tiny bit more during traffic and when using AC. Using reverse, feels the same as stock, to me. I do enjoy the increase of sound froom the engine :D

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

BFI engine mount with stock tranny mount
Moved to BFI engine mount with BFI trans mount, way too much NVH
Moved to 034 engine and 034 trans mount, never looked back

All combos above were used with the HPA 75 puck, TyrolSport subframe kit and stock dogbone

Now I run the VWR subframe kit, TyrolSport subframe kit and APR doggone with spherical bearings pressed out and SuperPro bushings pushed in.

Jaber

Modero

All combos above were used with the HPA 75 puck, TyrolSport subframe kit and stock dogbone

Now I run the VWR subframe kit, TyrolSport subframe kit and APR doggone with spherical bearings pressed out and SuperPro bushings pushed in.

Any reason you ditched the spherical bearings?

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Over a 1000 miles on mine and I stand by the little NVH. If anything it has improved a little.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion

Yea that was what I was saying you did not run a full set (engine, tranny, and dogbone) of the same density. Also you have a six speed so there are a couple variables.