GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Why they laked 187E 5515. Alreday have 187C 5515 and why volkswagen do it 187E with 5515? Same software 187C

187B 5515 its same price 187E. I choice and order 187E and i am happy with this.

Did not see any Canadian`s order record under that link.
U really ordered ?
Or you just do the advertisement for them and get free radio ?

XenoPhoenix

In the automotive world, Automotive OEMs like VW require more than one source of the same hardware to prevent issues with supply chains and the like.

As best as I can tell the 187E is the same hardware produced by a different Automotive Tier 1 (In this case Visteon).

Last edited:

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
I just had a chat with Aidu Auto asking difference between 187B and 187E

The seller already admit that his 187E is not the best,there is better version software and less bugs.What he is trying to explain is that his 187E still has bugs.
I can not get any discount from them or any benifit from them.I am just enthusiastic about this radio.
End of argument.

praxidike

The seller already admit that his 187E is not the best,there is better version software and less bugs.What he is trying to explain is that his 187E still has bugs.
I can not get any discount from them or any benifit from them.I am just enthusiastic about this radio.
End of argument.

So is there really any point to getting the 187E if I already have the 187B with AA 5314 C180?

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
So is there really any point to getting the 187E if I already have the 187B with AA 5314 C180?

In my opinion,no point at all,it is a waste of money.
Even you want to waste extra money,you still get a 187E with bugs.What is the point ?
You can wait for newer version firmware,people will share the firmware sooner or later.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
187E have no bugs. Dont give wrong information to people. Did you try 187E ?

Yes praxidike you can wait c210 187B firmware maybe someone share . But if you dont want wait you can choice any latter with c210.

Happy buldog was share c210 and my radio was die
( i know he want to help us but its dengerous to try any firmware )
So i dont know how we trust if people share c210 again :) and who will try first ? Not me again ,
i already burn 1 motherboard :))
thats why i buy 187E
Bro,you are a business man and do the advertisement for some seller to get discount for the radios.
This forum is for VW enthusiasts,not for advertisement or business man.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
I am not bussinis men .. just tell me did you try 187 E or not ?
I use 187E on my car and i dont see any bugs.
How you know they have bugs even you dont try it ?

They have no bugs any c210 187C 187B and 187 E

You just said you have ordered 20 set of radio .Who will need 20 sets if you are not a business man ?You also can get the motherboard from them easily.
You also admitted that the seller gave you discount for advertisement.

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes i order it his website and i pay with paypal he give me discount this way with oaypal... i was order maybe 20 radio from him. I just help peoples. No need free radio. I have 20 radios in my home ..
i just want say 187C already have 5515.. so why 187E come with 5515 again ?

You was told us 187C orginal. And you told us now again 187E is orginal with 5515.. :))
Me i dont care wich is orginal. I was want c210 and i am happy with 187E
Anyways....
Choice 3 radios
187B with c180 240$ Usd
187C with c210 450$ Usd
187E with c210 280$ usd

So i can buy it 2 radios price for 187C :) and same s..t with 187E nothing different. 5515 or Y510 dosnt matter. C210 its important because bugs on c180 not 5515 or Y510

And no need to talk about 187E 5515 because this is not avalible from any marketing :) just avalible 187E with Y510 C210

:clap:Hello business man.:paddle:

Happy bulldog

Passed Driver's Ed
:)) just answer did you try 187E ?why give wrong information to people ?
And everybody knows you share always wrong firmware and you never try it first :))
I try it always first becuse i was trust you. Thats why my radio is die
And people brick HU but you dont care

Dont share anything before try pls.. if you respect people. Because everybody waiting what information is true

Obviously there is 187B with 5515+C210 for 240$,but you are telling people that is C180.
Not sure why suddenly they increase the 187C too much,got be some reason.
You just want to miss leading people to get the 187E from your seller,so you can get more discount from the seller.
Is that correct?Mr.Business man

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Ignoring bulk buys and reselling, it's probably far more important to get the firmware for all the 187 series head units rather than constantly buying newer and newer hardware when in theory the software should work on all of them, as happy bulldog says it's probably best to just buy up whatever you want (187B, 187C or 187E) and wait for software to be polished.

It's a shame there's no official source for this, I imagine since it's now in the Indian market (the 187E) that an Indian VW dealer is probably going to get this software sooner than any of the aliexpress chinese sellers. Will probably see it leak on team-bhp I guess. Just going to wait.
I bought a 187A then sold it, bought an early carplay only 187B and sold it, bought a 187B with android auto before it was confirmed the firmware would be available... long story short I'm done with buying and selling these things!

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine which is the 187b and it came with the 210 blue tooth, have yet to see any issues with it at all.

spopinski

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine which is the 187b and it came with the 210 blue tooth, have yet to see any issues with it at all.

Mine too.. the only thing I doesn't like is the unit don't have presets for the equalizer. But the rest is perfect for the price

Last edited:

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Also the seller (Aidu) just jacked up his 187E radio by $50....wtf

Capitalism wooo, as long as one supplier has a monopoly on the firmware this will repeat.

This is why I think going via an indian route (since they're being made in india now and sold to indian VW dealers/customers directly) would probably end up working better than a factory in china.