GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saying goodbye to the mk6

terryna

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

ksandman

Ready to race!
That’s a great color choice. Just do a drop in filter and a stage 1 tune and you will be set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
That’s a great color choice. Just do a drop in filter and a stage 1 tune and you will be set!

Drop in filters are absolutely pointless and have little/no effect as the standard paper filters are good up to something like 300hp (as the air required at this level is not impeded by the paper filter), an intake is a different matter however if going stage 2 as the whole flow in and out is greater.
The dry foam drop-ins can and will damage the engine when dry particles of foam (and they collect less dirt than a standard filter) eventually end up being sucked through the intake and then have an abrasive effect, the oiled ones filter better but can adversely effect and damage the MAF = not worth it.

If anything the OP should just go stage 1 somewhere down the line but I can’t help but think all the tuning and customising is a large contributing factor in many of the engine issues we read of here, if it’s no headaches they’re after then stock may well be best!

Last edited:

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
If my woman told me I couldn't mod, the mk6 wouldn't be the only thing that would be getting traded in.

She's been through 5 cars with me... and I have stronger moral values than modding a car. You gonna lose a wife and child over something that amounts to kids stuff? Stfu.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Drop in filters are absolutely pointless and have little/no effect as the standard paper filters are good up to something like 300hp (as the air required at this level is not impeded by the paper filter), an intake is a different matter however if going stage 2 as the whole flow in and out is greater.
The dry foam drop-ins can and will damage the engine when dry particles of foam (and they collect less dirt than a standard filter) eventually end up being sucked through the intake and then have an abrasive effect, the oiled ones filter better but can adversely effect and damage the MAF = not worth it.

If anything the OP should just go stage 1 somewhere down the line but I can’t help but think all the tuning and customising is a large contributing factor in many of the engine issues we read of here, if it’s no headaches they’re after then stock may well be best!

Well said. Of course I'd love to go stage 1, or more, but a it's money, time, problems, issue after issue, after issue. I've already been through 2 turbos, ported and polished my own k04, did my own installs, car on cleaning, DSG fluid changes, etc. It might just be time to drive and enjoy the car right?

If I get back to detailing, i can make 600-1k per car, pay this off and go with something faster. I don't mind the 35+ mpg I can get now either.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
She's been through 5 cars with me... and I have stronger moral values than modding a car. You gonna lose a wife and child over something that amounts to kids stuff? Stfu.

ahahahahahaha hella triggered bruh, It was clearly sarcasm.. i did not know your wife and kids were actually that shallow to leave you over something like that. so I am sorry I hope your enjoy the new car....

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
ahahahahahaha hella triggered bruh, It was clearly sarcasm.. i did not know your wife and kids were actually that shallow to leave you over something like that. so I am sorry I hope your enjoy the new car....

My son is 4... my wife has been through tens of thousands of dollars with me doing the modding thing. She also had a 315 awhp evo9 MR and knows how much you can sink into cars. I'm almost 40 years old with multiple injuries and she would just rather see me enjoy something than spend hours in the garage constantly having issues with it. These cars can be fun without chasing power that many times either doesn't get used... or is overpowered for the brakes, suspension, etc.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
My son is 4... my wife has been through tens of thousands of dollars with me doing the modding thing. She also had a 315 awhp evo9 MR and knows how much you can sink into cars. I'm almost 40 years old with multiple injuries and she would just rather see me enjoy something than spend hours in the garage constantly having issues with it. These cars can be fun without chasing power that many times either doesn't get used... or is overpowered for the brakes, suspension, etc.

Not arguing with your reasoning, Money and reliability are two reasons I won’t mod my other vehicle and it’s still fun. I like crawling around the garage though, probably won’t when i’m 40 and probably won’t make my silly forum wisecracks either.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Not arguing with your reasoning, Money and reliability are two reasons I won’t mod my other vehicle and it’s still fun. I like crawling around the garage though, probably won’t when i’m 40 and probably won’t make my silly forum wisecracks either.

I congratulate you on that

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Step away from the handbags ladies!! [emoji23]

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
And hello to this...

It doesn't look like I'll be doing much of anything to this one. Perhaps a JB1 or JB4, but I'm tired of working on cars, so that would be the only thing.

Anyway, it's been... interesting, but not really pleasant dealing with the mk6, so I'm hoping this 7.5 will be a better experience.

What is the stock bhp of the new Mk7.5 GTi in the states? Is it 227bhp (230ps) the same as the euro model?

markus037

Ready to race!
im really considering moving up at the end of the year also. not sure if i want to get a B8 S4 or a MK7 GTI/R. I really like the MK7 platform and the potential is there for it to be a total sleeper.