GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
at GRDtuned to get a few things done...

*Flash Stage 2 APR TCU tune to Stock
-----> So I can flash on a unitronic stage 2 TCU tune. From all I've read, unitronic's TCU tune is simply smoother, a little less harsh, but still offers the same top end performance. Worth a try for the money back gaurantee, because the behaviour of the DSG (which I am hoping is a product of the APR tune) is just not enjoyable in stop and go.
* Downshifts clunky, mostly in 2nd and 3rd
* Stopping feels very non-linear; you feel the gears moving down and the car just doesn't feel good doing it. Wish there was some sort of 'neutral' mode it would go into lol
* From a stop, lots of vibrations, which i expect with full mounts, but also that damn delay.

Unitronic appears, based off the few reviews I could find, to simply be smoother across the board and soften alot of the downfalls that the DSG 'just has'. Will report back!

Also getting my selectable ECU tunes reflashed:
Stock test pipe
93 K04
100 K04

Stay 'tuned'! ;)

Well, update.

Got the unitronic dsg tune flashed. Unfortunately I can't they any remarkable improvement in smoothness. Just the mechanical reality if the day is the downshift clanks and such.

Starting off feels a little better however, no lurching. Feels like when I take my foot off the brake it's already engaged ready to go. That said, I guess I didn't mind a split second delay and just waiting to hit the gas.

Probably will flash back to apr and return the tune.

100octane is loaded and ready to roll though!!

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Seats look awesome man! I think those are gonna be a little too small for me. I have a 38" waist and typical bucket seats are a little too tight for comfort. Might have to fork out $$ for Recaro Sportsters.

Thanks! They really aren't too tight. I have high hips, like above the beltline. They are wider than my actual waist. I would imaging these wouldn't be a bad fit for you

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Well, update.

Got the unitronic dsg tune flashed. Unfortunately I can't they any remarkable improvement in smoothness. Just the mechanical reality if the day is the downshift clanks and such.

Starting off feels a little better however, no lurching. Feels like when I take my foot off the brake it's already engaged ready to go. That said, I guess I didn't mind a split second delay and just waiting to hit the gas.

Probably will flash back to apr and return the tune.

100octane is loaded and ready to roll though!!

That's good to know I've been regretting the APR TCU tune myself. It definitely feels wacky at low speeds and slowing down just like you said. But if that's just how the tuned DSG is I can make peace with it for sure

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That's good to know I've been regretting the APR TCU tune myself. It definitely feels wacky at low speeds and slowing down just like you said. But if that's just how the tuned DSG is I can make peace with it for sure

DSG tune fixed my false neutral issues. Made that worth the $500 alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Hard trans to live with at times, yes. Hah

riceburner

Autocross Champion
True but need the torque allowance (termage?) And RPM. so guess I'll grit and bear it.

Eanon radio cane in so gonna install when I get home! Also started installing meth kit the other day.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Snow meth kit installed. Not enough pics but here's all I got for now atleast. So far, I got it tuned to just lower IATs close to ambient. Haven't been able to figure out the torque app to monitor timing correction factor or anything so staying on 93 tune for a while till I can figure out how to fully dial it in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Snow meth kit installed. Not enough pics but here's all I got for now atleast. So far, I got it tuned to just lower IATs close to ambient. Haven't been able to figure out the torque app to monitor timing correction factor or anything so staying on 93 tune for a while till I can figure out how to fully dial it in.

Looking nice man, I've been contemplating about going this route also, is there any difference installing the Nozzle after the TB or before? the reason I ask is that I have a BSH throttle pipe that has a built in a bung for Meth which is located at the bottom.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks.

So I have both in the pipe and a spacer plate which is post the (they all are that way for the record).

As I understand it, if you are just doing it for cooling, throttle pipe is fine. If tuning for it, both are needed, or better yet, 4 nozzles in the intake manifold.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Thanks.

So I have both in the pipe and a spacer plate which is post the (they all are that way for the record).

As I understand it, if you are just doing it for cooling, throttle pipe is fine. If tuning for it, both are needed, or better yet, 4 nozzles in the intake manifold.

thanks saved me a lot of time going through the water/meth thread. i do plan to get a tune for it, don't think I'm going for the extreme and getting it tapped into my manifold.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Final alacantara piece :) for now. Thinking of making a binnacle pillow over the existing gauges.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Looking good man.

About the Torque app, if I remember correctly from a while ago, it doesn't capture enough data points to get a true and accurate amount of data. Just something to maybe look into.