GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange noise

burnsbp

So I have a 2013 gti that is stage two. Cars been stage 2 for about 2000 miles now and everything has been fine until about a week ago. I've been hearing a strange clunking sound from what sounds like the gearbox or even below that. doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen I can feel it in the pedals. mostly the clutch and brake sometimes the accelerator. No clue what it could be wondering if any of you have had this happen and know of possible fixes or what the problem might be. Any help would be awesome.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
So I have a 2013 gti that is stage two. Cars been stage 2 for about 2000 miles now and everything has been fine until about a week ago. I've been hearing a strange clunking sound from what sounds like the gearbox or even below that. doesn't happen all the time but when it does happen I can feel it in the pedals. mostly the clutch and brake sometimes the accelerator. No clue what it could be wondering if any of you have had this happen and know of possible fixes or what the problem might be. Any help would be awesome.

When does the clunk happen? When turning, mostly at lower speeds or transitioning over grades? Could be subframe, mine was pretty pronounced until I did the TyrolSport collars fairly recently, that tightened everything up and the clunk went away.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
yes I do have an intake. where would I find those brake lines?

Look where the intake tube passes over the master cylinder and see if it touches something. You can feel a clunk/vibration in the pedals if its worked its way loose and starts to touch it.

burnsbp

the clunk mostly happens when I'm in a lower gear coming to a stop third or seconds gear mostly. not always on turns but more noticeable when turning