EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
For Boosted:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
IN4EJpics

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
take a picture of them on your handy cell phone that also tells time and upload em :iono:

I've done a couple that way , they don't turn out that great - maybe ill try a few more tonight

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
*daily google maps for live traffic
*youtube,pandora (right there to skip music)
*text messages handfree, most you will ignore but sometimes will get the "you forgot your laptop at home" comment that youd never see in you pocket till at work
*not having a huge phone in pocket
*Torque app

I control BT music through the factory HU. Works on Pandora and Spotify too.

Text messages come through on my factory HU as well. Can read them out right on the main display. To respond I use Siri.

I don't know how Gridlife hasnt had a major incident and/or fatality yet.. I really don't.

"You've done 5 track days? Want to be an instructor?"

wut.

plus the other events they do, time attack, etc. Amazing nothing terrible has happened yet.

Between that and their allowable standards for what's considered "safe vehicle to go on the track"... they are one lawsuit away from non-existance. Remember that video that popped up on social media of some idiot's rear wing going flying into the crowd when he went off track? That video got taken down pretty damned quick lol.

Oooo yeah alcantara

I love the look and feel of it but damn it does not last long.

I have a suede Momo wheel in the racekar and it looks like crap already, and I've barely driven the damned thing.... plus at AX (so when my hands are sweaty) I've used gloves. Still looks like crap.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat17: snobrdrdan graces us with his presence / Futbol Chat

I control BT music through the factory HU. Works on Pandora and Spotify too.

Text messages come through on my factory HU as well. Can read them out right on the main display. To respond I use Siri.

Between that and their allowable standards for what's considered "safe vehicle to go on the track"... they are one lawsuit away from non-existance. Remember that video that popped up on social media of some idiot's rear wing going flying into the crowd when he went off track? That video got taken down pretty damned quick lol.

I love the look and feel of it but damn it does not last long.

I have a suede Momo wheel in the racekar and it looks like crap already, and I've barely driven the damned thing.... plus at AX (so when my hands are sweaty) I've used gloves. Still looks like crap.

It’s fine if it’s not a contact point. Yes it indeed gets swampy on steering wheels. I want to do my dash. Too much work though

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
oooooOOooo, can you give any backgroun on what the changes may be?

No.

I think they run a great program already, esp for the beginners and the classroom time.

Agreed. Shawn, Bob and Ken really pride themselves on their dedication to quality instruction and it shows.

They're already doing things with their program I wanted to do with PCA but was boxed in to a particular time slot and frequency. Shawn and crew really built their entire program around the instruction and not the other way around.

I felt before that his prices were a tad on the high side, which discourages younger drivers, imho.

He's not trying to attract the bargain shoppers.

I've never bought the insurance, but had looked into it. I think in your situation jim with such a nice car, and knowing how hard you are ddriving out there, its probably a good idea.

It's been my mantra ever since I set foot on paved racetrack many years ago: don't put something on track you can't afford to throw away.

There are times where "crashing" is the only ACTUAL option, and your choices are between "Crash A" and "Crash B." Choosing unavailable option "Not crashing" only causes "Crash C" which could even result in personal injury vs. just damaging the vehicle.

Can't afford to throw it away? Then keep it off the track.

Now with DE insurance, it enables you to have some kind of coverage and track stuff you might not otherwise be financially able to light on fire.

My take on DE insurance is this: I'd rather regret having it, than regret NOT having it. And a lot of the policies are also including liability coverage now.... so if SHTF and I wind up impacting someone else, I'm also covered if it's my fault.

If I can't afford to replace the vehicle, and I can't afford the insurance policy, then I can't afford to put it on track. Simple as that, to me. Admittedly it makes track events a lot more expensive... which means I'm a lot more selective on where I go.

Does shawn legit get a break/lower insurance premium with that passenger policy? not bad. I wonder how substantial it is, because most groups do allow passengers in either all groups or all but beginner. Is Laps now no non-instructor passengers at all? i may have missed that.

I have no idea on the premium thing

If he used to allow random passengers before, then yeah, I guess that's changed. He's pretty clear now - if you want to ride along with somebody, that somebody has to be an instructor. If you want someone to ride with you, that someone must be an instructor.

Status
Not open for further replies.