GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 CCZB DV + PCV

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
I've got a COBB tune on my ROW CCZB 2011 GTI which has been great for the last few months. Have recently have started experiencing some drivability issues, like the turbo being a little slower to spool up and the idle being rougher. No codes.

I've heard either the PCV or DV valve tearing can lead to drivability issues without spitting codes... Is it worth replacing both of these? I'd guess being a 2011 it will be using older revisions of these parts.

If so, does anyone know what part numbers I need for the CCZB engine?

Cheers!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
They’re both easy and cheap to replace yourself if you have any sort of mechanical knowledge, PCV takes about 5 minutes and DV around 15 minutes, I did the DV last week from underneath without removing the wheel or raising the car as I’m able to drive up to a small drop where I can get far enough under without danger (wheels chocked , in gear etc etc of course),

DV P/N - 06H145710D

PCV P/N - 06H103495AH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Both parts are the same worldwide regardless of engine code by the way!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Also if you're 2011 I would check to see if you have the revised tensioner if you aren't sure

fradooooo

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool! Thanks for the info. Looks like ECS is selling this DV... https://www.ecstuning.com/b-origina...ton-diverter-valve-electronic/06h145710d~oes/

Should I go for that or go OEM at double the price?

If you’re tuned now and bumping up the psi the oem DV is going to end up failing again as they’re not designed for high boost levels. I say look into Go Fast Bits DV+ diverter valve. Great replacement that uses the oem solenoid and can handle higher boost levels and actually increase performance. You can shop around, it’s around the $130 range, way cheaper than a full DV/BOV kit. I personally have this installed on my GTI along with a DV relocation kit and have had 0 issues. Smooth through rpms and handles my 21psi tune no problem.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Do you think it's worth getting a DV+ for the COBB OTS 93 tune? Or will the latest OEM suffice? I'm not going to go any further with tunes.

Thanks for the help :)

fradooooo

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you think it's worth getting a DV+ for the COBB OTS 93 tune? Or will the latest OEM suffice? I'm not going to go any further with tunes.

Thanks for the help :)

I would say yes. For example COBB OTS Stage 1+/Stage 1 high boost tunes peak around 17-18psi and hold around 15-16psi. The stock DV will handle these parameters but even then if you get the updated DV from Volkswagen with the plastic piston it still tends to leak at higher boost levels even though it’s not a “boost leak”. The GFB DV+ has probably some of the highest ratings/reviews out of any aftermarket DV. Do some quick research and see if it’s something that will work for you. Plenty of articles on the forums and YouTube vids.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-go-fast...psvRCdmS__Ep8saDuOILQ_Cc0MjSmoKIaAhw2EALw_wcB

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Swapped in the new PCV today. The old part had an extra orange breather plug thing, with an orange plastic attachment on it. The new one doesn't have that. Is that right?

Part number differences are 06H103495H (old) vs 06H103495AH (new)

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Swapped in the new PCV today. The old part had an extra orange breather plug thing, with an orange plastic attachment on it. The new one doesn't have that. Is that right?

Part number differences are 06H103495H (old) vs 06H103495AH (new)

Yes newer ones dont have that.