GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R showing up on VW.com

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wasn't pissy - you said, "correct me if I'm wrong" , so I informed you that you were indeed wrong ;)

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Pictures, specs and prices up online, but no build your own feature.

In the estimate payments feature, it shows the base 4dr model is NOT an available option.

Just FYI.

To get fully back on topic; if you look through the info on site and on the 'Tex you can pick up a couple interesting tidbits:

1. The Base level 4 door has, per the last VW press release, been taken off the US distribution. NO Base level 4 doors will be sent here supposedly.

2. If you look in the options at the paint colors; Rising Blue is not an option on US models... Most everyone hopes this is a Typo soon to be corrected...

3. A Base model already includes leather, xenons (with black trim), and climatronic; so it is already better equipped than a base model GTI. I'd guess if you went option for option it would be less than a $5k difference between equally equipped cars :thumbsup:

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
To get fully back on topic; if you look through the info on site and on the 'Tex you can pick up a couple interesting tidbits:

1. The Base level 4 door has, per the last VW press release, been taken off the US distribution. NO Base level 4 doors will be sent here supposedly.

This is NOT true!

Base 4-door models ARE available to ORDER only as pre-sold orders.

They are not available as STOCK order cars for dealer stock.

There are quite a few threads and discussions about this on Vortex. Numerous people have confirmed orders for Base model 4-doors which were special ordered, and it has been confirmed by numerous reputable sources that this trim option IS indeed available.

dbest6808

Ready to race!
Actually, it's only considered an AWD model because of the haladex unit, and few drivetrain modifications, but no where near a true AWD. The quattro system is more of an AWD platform.

This "AWD" system on the golf R has a 80/20% bias to the wheels via means of the haladex unit. Of course modification to the haladex unit is possible, but obviously requires altering the unit's bias to make it 50/50. You would obviously see a loss of power being the 220-230 factory rated hp being split now down the middle across the 4 wheels. With that setup, you'd have two chubby kids moving the car instead of a marathon runner in front and an obese kid cheering him on from behind.

^ probably the best explanation I've ever heard lol

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Someone probably just copied and pasted the color pallet from the GTI, and didn't add in Rising Blue.

I'm sure it's just an oversight and they will correct it.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm pretty sure that the link you posted is the reason for this thread ;)

doh! I have one of those fails once in a while :laugh: I like how they made it very simple and laid out the few options available, etc.

slapya

Error on site?

Here are the capacities listed on the vw site, for 2 dr, 2dr sun/nav, and 4dr sun/nav. This has to be an error right?, why would engine oil and others be any different.

CAPACITIES
Engine Oil (with filter) 5.8 qt 5.8 qt 4.9 qt
Fuel Tank 14.5 gal 14.5 gal 14.5 gal
Cooling System 9.1 qt 9.1 qt 8.4 qt
Wiper Fluid 5.2 qt 5.2 qt 3.8 qt

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I saw that too^ - very strange... must be/hope its a typo.