GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New guy, New car - Howdy

Scuba2001

I'm new here, signed up for a group buy, and thought I'd say hello.

Name's Steve, and I'm a tech at a local VW Audi dealer here in SC. Picked up this Jetta SportWagen / Golf Variant last month after an accident in my BMW which led to it being totaled. Couldn't be happier.

So far I've added a few simple things to make my time behind the wheel a little more enjoyable. Euro aspherical blue mirrors, Euro plate and holder, OEM aluminum pedals and dead pedal, OEM Votex rear hatch spoiler, OEM cross bars, Yakima fork rack and Specialized aluminum bike, BFI yellow dog bone transmission mount insert, H&R 24mm adjustable rear sway bar, KW V2 height and dampening adjustable coilovers, 19x8.5 et45 Rotiform BLQ wheels with 225.35.19 Dunlop Direzza DZ101tires.

Just a few pictures for now.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Is that a Jetta with Detroits next to your car?

Also, you can legally have that rear license plate?

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum!

Scuba2001

Is that a Jetta with Detroits next to your car?

Also, you can legally have that rear license plate?

Yes it is. It's a '09 2.5 with Wolfsburg front grilles, GLI side skirts, and Alzor Rep wheels on it. Sits on H&R race springs and a GLI rear sway bar.

That plate pictured was a spare I had, but I have another plate that I had made to match my current registration. It's not legal, but if any LEO were to run the plate, it would correlate with its real registration. 3 weeks in, no trouble yet. This is the 3rd car I've had with a European plate over 6 years, and only once was I hassled about it.

Thanks everyone. UNIbraces are next on the list of goodies!

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Those look more like Denvers than Detroits....

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion