GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr Crackle

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Not really, gti's sound like blenders/vacume cleaners no matter what exhaust you get. The crackle actually makes the car sound agressive imo

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Agreed. I still stand that if the car does it without a tune that does it for you (as well as a focus RS) it's badass. If it's programmed in that's lame IMO. My car does it with APR's tune.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
All the crackle is with the tune is dumping more fuel. I can't imagine it a positive in anyway other than to sound "cool".

I'm on APR with K04 and I get crackles usually when the car hasn't fully warmed up and I let off gas. Then the occasional crackle after warm up. Although it's occasional they sound legit because they aren't part of the tune.

Honestly, I thought the crackles in the SRT4 was one of the best things about the car, but it just felt right coming from an American company with a muscle car heritage. I'm not sure how cool it is coming from a hatchback shaped egg. But to each their own. I did after all own the Agency Power exhaust which I wanted for it's muscle sound.

Perhaps if you pair that exhaust with stratified tune, you will orgasm with what it will produce..

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, its too bad they won't do it for the mk6- but I do still enjoy the DSG "farts" regardless....

Korydogg

Ready to race!
For me, and keep in mind I can only speak for me and my car in particular, I have been having strange drivability issues with part throttle acceleration, low speed hesitation, and boost surging. Its been super annoying, top that off with the fact that they want way to much money for me to switch from my current 93 tune to a 91 tune (I am moving and wont have access to reliable 93) and the fact that they wont give us crackles, all many reasons I want to move to a new tune.

Stratified is gonna be my go to as it leaves me way more open to future mods and custom tune revisions for my exact car and mods, plus I like that they are in Vancouver so for me they are super familiar with our horrible B.C. gas.

This is disappointing to read because I just got my MK6 a few months ago after wanting one for a long time. I have always thought Id go APR for a tune but it seems I need to look elsewhere. I guess its not that big of a deal at the end of the day, but I always thought APR was one of the top companies in regards to product quality.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
This is disappointing to read because I just got my MK6 a few months ago after wanting one for a long time. I have always thought Id go APR for a tune but it seems I need to look elsewhere. I guess its not that big of a deal at the end of the day, but I always thought APR was one of the top companies in regards to product quality.

It was, but they didn't really evolve. Cobb then Stratified is the way to go now for a MK6 GTI.

buffalocrank

I'm running APR stage 3 and built internals ,full exhaust and I love the exhuast notes. It runs like a scalded cat. I'm not really concerned with sound as much as performance. Sounds great to my VW newbie ears.
My 2 cents.

zrickety

The Fixer
I've run 6+ year old APR tunes, stage 1 and K04 cars, really happy with both of them. The K04 car makes cool crackles off throttle but not crazy like the mk7 cars. I can't speak to the newer tunes but I can tell you the older ones are legit.