GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XDS Settings WOW!!!

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm gonna try the XDS settings as soon as my car is done with the engine build... this should go great with my Ko4 and BBK.

The current setting at 0 was great on the race track with stage 1, but now the Ko4 is over powering the XDS system on tight turns... this should make a very nice change on my car.

Wonder if the axles on the Scirroco R is different part number? more robust? if I bust my axles I wonder if I can replace it with the Scirocco R axles?

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
despite all the "Fixes" the route cause of wheel hop is the way the system applies braking force to control wheel spin and transfer torque.

going back to mk4 days people replaced every mount, every suspension bushing and still had wheel hop. The one and only cure for it which was really only good for the drag strip was actually to disable ABS. If you pulled the ABS fuse or a wheel speed sensor wheel hop was instantly gone.

Basically as the EDL bounced from side to side trying to control wheel spin it would create an oscillation in the suspension bushings loading and unloading it until both the suspension was bouncing as was the power to each wheel (traction) until you got a violent hop.

I do fully believe that the changes people are doing here help and that the car most likely feels and handles better. But I"ve seen all too well the bad of these electronic diff systems to ever want it to possible intervene more then it does.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
So the scirocco r would possibly have stronger axles to support setting 2?

Most likely no. CVs were the real issue very few broke actual axles themselves it was usually an inner CV ripped to shreds. When they went to a 6spd they used a tripod style not cage style inner joint which is much stronger. Some of the aftermarket solutions for 5spd cars actually just use a later 6spd inner joint. Because of that issues are less likely and I'm not too concerned with busted CVs in the 6spd applications but the risk is still there. And I've seen wheel hop do a lot more damage then just break a CV, friend of mine actually ripped the driver side engine mount out and ruined the frame rail of his gti. I personally cracked a mount 250 miles from home and had to hold it back together with some deck strapping.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
So I changed the brake assist from 0 to 2 last night. I kinda like it. My brakes with the HPS pads and the Tyrol Sport bushings already had an increased bite feel, but with the setting at 2, it engages earlier in the pedal depression. So that initial 0.5 inch of pedal movement doing little is eliminated. Now it feels more like my old Audi or BMW. I don't know how this would feel on a completely stock setup though.

As for the XDS settings, I'm still scared to mess around with it. Maybe I'll try it out later, but not sure if it would even make a difference in daily driving. Any opinions?

michal

Go Kart Champion
where is this brake assist setting...Sorry if it's an old question but thanks :)

In VCDS Select Control Module, go to 03 ABS Brakes, then 10 Adaptation, go to Channel 09 Brake Assist

There are 3 settings for this

0-center (stock setting)
1-small
2-hard

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Alright just went for another longer drive with lots of curves.

No matter how much i try to go fast in the corner/round about or over steer...the car goes tight near the curb with no problems whatsoever.

You know when you go in a turn too fast and you realize when you are half way and start bumping the brake and steer softly to avoid slip and too much understeer?

I don't have to do that anymore! you can totally feel the car doing that necessary braking for you, i could 100% feel it today, every fast turn, the car just goes in and out of the corner so damn nicely and cleanly, trouble free, no understeer whatsoever, it's like driving on rails..heck at points it even doesn't feel natural! but it works!

I can totally see this also helping me avoid accidents, totally worth and i am willing to pay for that little extra pads.