GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering's new HPFP technical and discussion thread.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
What's your recommendation as far as mileage interval to replace the cam follower when using your fuel pump (taking into consideration that the car is driven aggressively often)?

Tough to say really since there is really no factory recommended interval for changing since VAG considers cam followers to be a life of the car part. We know that is not the case however. Our pump design does not show any signs of wearing out the cam follower any quicker than the OE pump, so with that in mind keep checking them at your regular interval. I would recommend keeping an eye on it every 25-30K miles on any car.

will this work with APR tunes?

Yes it will.

I wouldn't increase the intervals between doing this. Cheap insurance never hurts.

That said, why doesn't this pump have a pivoting head?

The factory "pivoting head"does not really pivot as it has a flat edge anyway.
But to re-use the pivoting head it would require bending the sheet metal and what not to re-install and the design of our pump does not need it. There is zero performance or reliability gained from having one, so we had no reason to include it.

thegave

Ready to race!
Any notes or advice for people wanting to buy the kit and DIY install? Recommended maximum miles on the pump, break-in procedure, etc?

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Any notes or advice for people wanting to buy the kit and DIY install? Recommended maximum miles on the pump, break-in procedure, etc?

The pump comes with install directions, as far as pump life they should out live the life of the car as long as there is no other engine failure. There is no real break-in procedure, just install start the car and drive. The pump will start operating optimal as soon as the engine begins to run.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Reviving the dead....

Who has this pump and any feedback? I assume its awesome since it is IE. Looking to rebuild a pump with these internals. Thanks.

thegave

Ready to race!
I have the rebuild kit. Very comprehensive instructions, as Tyler mentioned. I just haven't pulled my finger out to install it yet. But everything looks very nicely made.

Want pics?

thegave

Ready to race!
Sorry for the wait. Real life etc (actually just lazy)

It's supposed to come with the grease but mine didn't. I got in touch with Tyler and he got it shipped out to me pretty quickly.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Ordered my internals yesterday. What is the torque spec they quote for the 18mm nut?

Sorry for the wait. Real life etc (actually just lazy)

It's supposed to come with the grease but mine didn't. I got in touch with Tyler and he got it shipped out to me pretty quickly.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Got my internals yesterday and rebuilt a used pump i had purchased a few months ago. The IE parts were packaged very well and instructions were more than clear enough. Installed with a new cam follower and cranked the boost on my UM stage 2 loaded to 28psi. Pump internals work just as they should and holy hell the tune is amazing.

I am very glad i bought the IE internals, and i would not hesitate to rebuild my own again. Very easy job for the mechanically inclined who prepare and have everything they need on hand.

Every aspect of the parts is better machined and better quality than the OEM Hitachi pump internals. Very very happy with IE on these parts.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Got my internals yesterday and rebuilt a used pump i had purchased a few months ago. The IE parts were packaged very well and instructions were more than clear enough. Installed with a new cam follower and cranked the boost on my UM stage 2 loaded to 28psi. Pump internals work just as they should and holy hell the tune is amazing.

I am very glad i bought the IE internals, and i would not hesitate to rebuild my own again. Very easy job for the mechanically inclined who prepare and have everything they need on hand.

Every aspect of the parts is better machined and better quality than the OEM Hitachi pump internals. Very very happy with IE on these parts.

Thanks for the kind words! Assembling these is not a difficult job for many, the most important thing is keep the work are clean.