GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
From what I've been told the gen 3 pump won't do much, at least not yet. Supply becomes and issue before pressure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Took apart all 4 of my meth jets including the brass holders. No clogs. Tested the system with no jets and got full flow through three check valves and zero flow through the other one. One cylinder was getting no meth this whole time. Made 509 whp like that lol. New check valve is on its way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Took apart all 4 of my meth jets including the brass holders. No clogs. Tested the system with no jets and got full flow through three check valves and zero flow through the other one. One cylinder was getting no meth this whole time. Made 509 whp like that lol. New check valve is on its way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate you.

On another note, I cant believe you didn't immediately do timing pull logs to tune your meth system and check everything as soon as you installed them. Shame on you. You could have blown sky high.

and on a 3rd note, how was putting those brass vortex cut distributor things back in the jet base? If you say not too bad im going to interenet punch you in the face.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Ive followed this thread and every post of the last BT thread. The amount of knowledge and work you guys are doing is amazing. I commend each and every one of you. I also follow your build threads. Even though I cant afford to go BT I follow all of this in excitement to see how far you can push this platform.

The amount of work that you guys have put in the past few weeks is pretty impressive. If I ever get to the point I can go BT I will be in here to pick your brains. Please keep up the awesome work.

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Ive followed this thread and every post of the last BT thread. The amount of knowledge and work you guys are doing is amazing. I commend each and every one of you. I also follow your build threads. Even though I cant afford to go BT I follow all of this in excitement to see how far you can push this platform.

The amount of work that you guys have put in the past few weeks is pretty impressive. If I ever get to the point I can go BT I will be in here to pick your brains. Please keep up the awesome work.

you have been immortalized in post #1, haha.

I wish I made a build thread....guess my instagram is my build thread, lol.

and where in South Carolina?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Excuse this dumb question... but if you are overboosting, your boost gauge should read that, right?

i have a p3 gauge so if the MAP sensor maxes out, it won't tell me anything past that.

Maybe I should just switch to an e85 blend without switching the tune :D

yes.

i want to run e85. the only thing is if you can run 30+psi on pump gas i don't see much benefit.

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
From what I've been told the gen 3 pump won't do much, at least not yet. Supply becomes and issue before pressure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

so then a lpfp is next for them, doesn't sound too hard. Every platforum so far has been able to get one so its just a matter of time.

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
I find myself fighting the urge to part out and get a mk7R and insta BT it soon as the necessary support is all there...like fuelling and so forth. I find myself thinking and planning like a newb tho.

Okay all i need is a BT, custom manifold, fuelling sorted out, tuner who says they can give me a file to start with. Maybe slap an intercooler on there, re-apply my meth system and wham done....LOL.....would never be that easy.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
i want to run e85. the only thing is if you can run 30+psi on pump gas i don't see much benefit.

I'm only K04 but I have tested E25, E35, E45 and soon to be E55 this week. There is a definite advantage to an E85 blend, the car idles smoother, throttle response has picked up tremendously, mid-range feels impressive, burns cooler, exhaust is cleaner, and this is all on a standard 93 file. On the 100 octane file it has eliminated the partial throttle correction factor (higher load) when on the highway in overdrive gears where the meth is not spraying.