GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Source for Ball Seat Lug NUTS?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know of a source for ball seat lug nuts (not bolts) that are not the standard silver/zinc plated color?

I have a stud conversion and wheels that require ball seat lugs in OEM thread size/pitch (14x1.5mm). I can't find ball seat lugs in this size in any configuration other than short, zinc plated nuts. There are tons of options for cone seat because that's what most aftermarket wheels require.

Ideally I'd like a set of lugs with the following:
-14x1.5mm / Ball Seat
-Steel
-Extended Length
-Open end

Basically, I'd like a set of Motorsport Hardware Titan lugs (shown below) but in ball seat. Any help?

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
I could not locate any ball seat lug nuts, at least what you were looking for. The site for the nuts you are looking for or have do have conical to ball seat washers/adapters. I'm guessing you have already seen that. By the way, I was thinking of switching to studs. What length did you get for studs?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I could not locate any ball seat lug nuts, at least what you were looking for. The site for the nuts you are looking for or have do have conical to ball seat washers/adapters. I'm guessing you have already seen that. By the way, I was thinking of switching to studs. What length did you get for studs?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm currently using the conical to ball seat washers. They're a huge pain when removing the wheels. They hang up in the wheel and then fall on the floor when the wheel gets removed. Currently cursing OZ for making their wheels ball seat and severely limiting my lug options.

I used 68mm studs which were fine if not using any spacers. Ended up switching to 72mm studs up front because I needed a spacer to clear my brakes. Another thing to note is that the conical to ball seat washers take up a few mm of space so plan accordingly with longer studs if needed. Go longer than you think you need. Not much of a downside to being too long. Too short on the other hand...

torga

Autocross Champion
Would you not recommend the cone-to-ball washers? I've just about had it with trying to find spline-drive locking bolts in ball seat, so I ordered a set of those washers so I could use any of the plethora of conical lock bolts.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Would you not recommend the cone-to-ball washers? I've just about had it with trying to find spline-drive locking bolts in ball seat, so I ordered a set of those washers so I could use any of the plethora of conical lock bolts.
They're a nuisance but they work fine. I have my wheels on/off so frequently that it starts to get annoying having to deal with 20 washers. Be careful not to lose any when you take the wheel off the car...they like to jump out and roll across the floor.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow, im shocked. They usually have like, anything and everything. Sorry

zrickety

The Fixer
Check autozone if you know the thread pitch, or rockauto. I bought a bunch of ball seat for the Jeep.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I was only able to find the standard acorn style in ball seat. ECS and 034 sell them.

If you want fancy nuts, you'll have to use the cone-to-ball adapters.