GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
18x8.5 et43 up front, 18x9.5 et43 rears 225/40 all around, gti lowered on h&r ss, will it fit? Anything ill need to do? Issues ill run into?

I’d imagine you’d have to at least roll the front fenders. Possibly the tears too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevekd128

Ready to race!
I’m trying to run a 18x8.5 et 40 squared. 24.75 ftg all around and fronts are rolled and liners trimmed. Will this have much rubbing? 225/40 tired

ahard48

Ready to race!
I’m trying to run a 18x8.5 et 40 squared. 24.75 ftg all around and fronts are rolled and liners trimmed. Will this have much rubbing? 225/40 tired

I don't think so. I was at that height with my ST coils spun all the was down basically with those specs. You should be fine. I have the same fronts and rears are 18x9.5 et40 and have max stock camber to keep the low.

nevekd128

Ready to race!
I don't think so. I was at that height with my ST coils spun all the was down basically with those specs. You should be fine. I have the same fronts and rears are 18x9.5 et40 and have max stock camber to keep the low.

THanks, in actuality it will be 18x8.5 et40 (et41 if i can source a 2mm spacer) with 225/40 tires.Rolled fenders, fender screw mod(Tab flush against fender) and trimmed liners. I plan on running Konig Hypergrams (18x8.5 et43) however, my ST40 bbk lightly grazes inner spokes and the smallest spacer i could find to clear was 3mm.

FlavMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought some 18x9.5. I have no clue what to wrap it on...... my car low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pablo2019

Newbie forgive me... Fender clearance

Hi all, I've been searching the forum and can't find this answer but I'm looking at getting the following tire/wheels for my 2014 MK6 and I’m concerned about rubbing on the outside fenders. Per tire rack there’s a chance that under load this combo might rub, but it’s so subtle a change and I’m on stock height.

RIMS:
Bremmerkraft BR09
18x8
45mm offset (stock offset is 51mm on VW Serrano wheels)

TIRES:
Continental DRW06
235/40 R18 (stock tires are 225/40 R18 Pirellis)

A tire calculator figured I would be moving the wheel/tire 11mm outward which is about .4” (less than half an inch).

Anyone have experience with this size combo on stock height? Any concern for rubbing? I’ve heard of much more dramatic combos and lowered springs and not having an issue so just checking. THANKS!

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
I'm running 18x8 42mm offset with 225/40 Michelins at stock height and I get a very slight amount of rubbing on the plastic liner under very heavy braking on a bumpy downhill corner. Apart from that, no issues (even with 4 people + 4 bikes in the car).

nightdrive

I'm running 18x8 42mm offset with 225/40 Michelins at stock height and I get a very slight amount of rubbing on the plastic liner under very heavy braking on a bumpy downhill corner. Apart from that, no issues (even with 4 people + 4 bikes in the car).

Got any pics my man?

Hey guys

Looking to run a set of 5x120 wheels. Specs are 17x8.5 ET 38 up front, 17x9.5 ET51 in the rear. Obviously I have two choices, either adapters or redrill. Wanted to see if the adapters would be the better route. Originally 17x8.5 square they were built slightly wider in the rear. Not sure with adapters they would fit without being too aggressive. Currently on air

Thanks in advance

torga

Autocross Champion
Hey guys

Looking to run a set of 5x120 wheels. Specs are 17x8.5 ET 38 up front, 17x9.5 ET51 in the rear. Obviously I have two choices, either adapters or redrill. Wanted to see if the adapters would be the better route. Originally 17x8.5 square they were built slightly wider in the rear. Not sure with adapters they would fit without being too aggressive. Currently on air

Thanks in advance
Adapter thickness is about 15mm, IIRC. The fronts will have an effective offset of 23mm and that's pretty wide for these cars. You'll likely need fender work.
The rears being at an effective 36mm should work out all right.