GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Options for upgraded fog - NOT DEAUTOKEY

rpandresen

Ready to race!
Currently have the deautokey fogs and I’d like to switch to something different. The light output is great but this is my second set (comped by deautokey) and it still constantly gives me a bulb out error. Looking for another’s option.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I have the same problem with their license plate LEDs. Bulb out error. They sent me new resistors and leds and I still had the problem. They told me it was my older car battery. Recently got a new battery and still have the bulb out error.

One of my fog lights from them actually went out too so they sent me a new set. Turns out the new ones they sent me aren’t the same color temperature (not as white) and now don’t match my xenons. They want me to take everything out and send it all back to them so they can see if they can match the diodes. Way too much time and energy wasted with with them. I have had about 40 (literally) email correspondences with them over the issues stated above. I’m done with that company.

I’m sure they’ll chime in here and defend themselves but I just don’t have the patience for them anymore. I did like products when they were working.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
THERETROFITSOURCE makes an awesome fog light housing conversion kit. well worth it.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Currently have the deautokey fogs and I’d like to switch to something different. The light output is great but this is my second set (comped by deautokey) and it still constantly gives me a bulb out error. Looking for another’s option.

Hi, we sent a PM - we would like more info as a simple plug and play resistor could help.

Also, when did you purchase this?

They are only finding orders from 2013 and 2014 - but the email was able to find an email from a year ago - once they have more info they can help as they feel you have a very old model and a new one will fix the issue. They are even brighter too.

They were able to send you an email - if you can also fwd them any info about past emails they can help. Did you live with errors for this many years or did it just show up after being error free?

I have the same problem with their license plate LEDs. Bulb out error. They sent me new resistors and leds and I still had the problem. They told me it was my older car battery. Recently got a new battery and still have the bulb out error.

One of my fog lights from them actually went out too so they sent me a new set. Turns out the new ones they sent me aren’t the same color temperature (not as white) and now don’t match my xenons. They want me to take everything out and send it all back to them so they can see if they can match the diodes. Way too much time and energy wasted with with them. I have had about 40 (literally) email correspondences with them over the issues stated above. I’m done with that company.

I’m sure they’ll chime in here and defend themselves but I just don’t have the patience for them anymore. I did like products when they were working.

We sent a PM also and will get to the bottom of this as it could just be a bad resistor but they might know who you are as you have been the only person with this issue.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience

TRS - their fogs are not as bright as ours and more money normally.

Last edited:

ruffshott

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you prove that yours are brighter? I often find deKEY makes promises about their quality and brilliance, when they are just normal LED's, that are no better or worse, imo.

I'd be interested to know of others who can say that these are superior products, they don't sound it.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Can you prove that yours are brighter? I often find deKEY makes promises about their quality and brilliance, when they are just normal LED's, that are no better or worse, imo.

I'd be interested to know of others who can say that these are superior products, they don't sound it.

That is an interesting statement to make without ever trying our LEDs - they are brighter than many on the market and are confident that if he does try any other they won't be as bright.

For the issue rpandresen is seeing: He had them installed for over 2 years before having errors - they feel it is a simple resistor that will fix it and they will help him with a warranty claim and get this fixed.

They take pride in offering products that work and look good. There was a similar bulb/resistor kit for the MK7 that looked like ours but ours were 100% error free and those caused errors - there could be similar looking bulbs but what matters is what goes into the kit.

Here is some 3rd party testing: