GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some input from you 2.5 TURBO guys

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay so all you 2.5 turbo guys, planning on going turbo soon and i need some questions answered by you fellas! ill get straight to the point, any other input will also be appreciated.

-How difficult was it to mount the intercooler? did you have to move the rad?

-Did you add a head gasket or change pistons to lower compression?

-My car is a 2013, so it is mafless. so I have a map sensor? so i would be going with a BOV?

-Did you change injectors? If so to what?

-Besides C2 who did you guys get a tune from? UM? IE? did they need the car or just send in the ecu?

-Did any of you install LSD diff? The Peloquin lsd for the 2.5 engine does not show for the years of the mk6.

Last edited:

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
We're going to test fitment of a Mk6 Golf R intercooler in our Mk5 Rabbit. They key to fitment is the radiator support, which is a big plastic piece that sits behind the front bumper. The support must be designed to accept the intercooler as well as the radiator. We'll be posting pictures of the test process next week.

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
We're going to test fitment of a Mk6 Golf R intercooler in our Mk5 Rabbit. They key to fitment is the radiator support, which is a big plastic piece that sits behind the front bumper. The support must be designed to accept the intercooler as well as the radiator. We'll be posting pictures of the test process next week.

So you guys made a complete new rad support to accept the intercooler? All I've seen so far is people cutting the existing support for the intercooler to fit.

efa5

Ready to race!
Good luck with the turbo build if you go down that route, keep us posted on the progress.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
1. There is quite a big of room behind the mk6 bumper so shouldnt be too difficult.

2. No need, 2.5's have low compression stock, hence why they make such good motors to turbo.

3. Yes you would be fine with a BOV

4. That depends on the tune, most likely will be 550's

5. UM hands down the best, especially for a mk6

6. It should use the late 02J diff(02J-B)

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
1. There is quite a big of room behind the mk6 bumper so shouldnt be too difficult.

2. No need, 2.5's have low compression stock, hence why they make such good motors to turbo.

3. Yes you would be fine with a BOV

4. That depends on the tune, most likely will be 550's

5. UM hands down the best, especially for a mk6

6. It should use the late 02J diff(02J-B)

Thanks for the input man! Have you turbo'd a 2.5 yourself?