GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help, possible issue with ESC interrupting regular driving

zrickety

The Fixer
It's not your alignment or springs. I would suspect corrosion at one of the sensors, causing this intermittent problem.

itsintrinzik

It's not your alignment or springs. I would suspect corrosion at one of the sensors, causing this intermittent problem.

Right, it does seem like the logical next step to check the various sensors involved. I aim to do that on the weekend. Funny how it still wouldn't throw any codes if a sensor was starting to go, but such is life.

I am happy to hear that you don't suspect the alignment or springs. I saw the red camber on the front wheels on the "current measurements", and I was concerned. I suppose -1.6 to -1.8 is okay on a moderate lowering spring like the H&R Sports?

itsintrinzik

Update: this issue turned out not to be related to the ABS/ESC at all. The jerking was being caused by small misfires. These misfires were detected in OBDeleven, but not significant enough to store any pending or hard codes (weird). The cause: my filter came loose and fell off inside my APR box. Since reconnecting the filter, I have not had any issues thusfar with jerking, especially in blowing snow. I think snow was contacting the MAF, interfering with its operation.

Slightly embarrassing, but still a good learning experience about how to distinguish misfires from other issues.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Update: this issue turned out not to be related to the ABS/ESC at all. The jerking was being caused by small misfires. These misfires were detected in OBDeleven, but not significant enough to store any pending or hard codes (weird). The cause: my filter came loose and fell off inside my APR box. Since reconnecting the filter, I have not had any issues thusfar with jerking, especially in blowing snow. I think snow was contacting the MAF, interfering with its operation.

Slightly embarrassing, but still a good learning experience about how to distinguish misfires from other issues.

Very weird, but glad you figured it out. I'd clean your MAF now that you know it was contacted by unfiltered air.