GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CGSM Owners: What wheels are you going with?

Walter2

Ready to race!
CSGM Owners: What wheels are you going with?

So I will be picking up my CGSM soon and I can't decide what wheels look the best with the color. I pretty much think just the basic machined looking color looks the best, but am curious to see what other people are doing.

Last edited:

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
CGSM? Carbon Steel Grey?

I'll likely be going with a silver paint or (possibly, once I see some pics to confirm the look) a gunmetal finish. Gunmetal is great at hiding brake dust :)

AM407

Autocross Champion
I still have another month or two to think about it, but right now I'm leaning towards anthracite OZ Alleggeritas on mine. I think the VW Goals in anthracite would also look sharp.

Basically, I want the wheel colour to match the car (as close as possible, anyway). Kind of a stealth look, which I think works great on dark grey cars.

I'll keep the stock Denvers for winter: I wasn't crazy about them at first, but they've really grown on me. Still don't like the Detroits, though.

Chasing Neil

Passed Driver's Ed
i've been spending the last month trying to decide on a wheel. agree with you, i think the machined finish looks the best on our color.

every time i see a CSG with aftermarket wheels, i keep thinking i prefer the look of the stock detroits.

if i do replace i'm leaning towards some RS4 reps in a black machine finish. i know it will look good, but think i'd actually miss my detroits.

right now i'm holding out to see more wheels, but unfortunately because it's a new color there aren't too many pics available.