GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Why dont more bathrooms have trash cans near the door or foot openers? amirite, i dunno random stupid question .

smanierre

Autocross Champion
What oil temp does everyone here consider to be "up to temp"? Mine hovers around 210 depending on how hard I drive and what the outside temp is but it takes a while to get there and I hate waiting

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
What oil temp does everyone here consider to be "up to temp"? Mine hovers around 210 depending on how hard I drive and what the outside temp is but it takes a while to get there and I hate waiting
i dont really "get on it" untill ive reached about 180ish. mine sits around 200-210 once it stops climbing.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Are the firehawk indy 500s that good of a tire? I see people ranting and raving. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for but for less than 100 bucks a tire I'm willing to pull the trigger. How are the grip levels compared to more popular tires in the same category but for a higher price? Tread life?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
Are the firehawk indy 500s that good of a tire? I see people ranting and raving. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for but for less than 100 bucks a tire I'm willing to pull the trigger. How are the grip levels compared to more popular tires in the same category but for a higher price? Tread life?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They’re a cheap slightly aggressive summer tire that happens to feel pretty solid when new. In Europe they’re branded as Continentals, I believe. I run a set on my r32 daily and they’re okay. Nothing special. They have a solid side wall, feel good when new and have good responsive tread in wet. I like them better than Hankook v12 or Continental DW or other similar tires of the sort - but they won’t last as long and towards the end of their life they won’t feel as good. They’ll also be nosier snd less comfortable.

TLDR; they aren’t that good but they have a stiff sidewall and slightly aggressive tread. For the price I’d buy again. I got 4 for around $300 two years ago in 225/40/18.

Most people get summers that aren’t that aggressive and are super happy with them. I may be jaded because I’ve run through re71s, hankook rs3, pss, Pilot sport cut 2 and other more aggressive summers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Anyone have any spiritual guidance on getting the rear hatch lower trim panel to goi back on, flush? All clips are in and the screws are back in, but the uppermost left and right corners won't sit flush.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have any spiritual guidance on getting the rear hatch lower trim panel to goi back on, flush? All clips are in and the screws are back in, but the uppermost left and right corners won't sit flush.

The interior hatch trim, with the useless handles for closing the hatch? Some of those clips are really tricky, they need to be set just right. You should pull it off completely, make sure all of the clips are attached to the trim piece, and not the part of the hatch it clips to. I don't remember specifically which clips are the stubborn ones, but you should be able to tell when you pull the piece off, make sure you secure those clips first. If it doesn't sit flush, something is wrong, and don't move to the next clips until the first ones fit right.

I know it's not much help, but the piece will go on perfectly if you get the clips lined up right.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
The interior hatch trim, with the useless handles for closing the hatch? Some of those clips are really tricky, they need to be set just right. You should pull it off completely, make sure all of the clips are attached to the trim piece, and not the part of the hatch it clips to. I don't remember specifically which clips are the stubborn ones, but you should be able to tell when you pull the piece off, make sure you secure those clips first. If it doesn't sit flush, something is wrong, and don't move to the next clips until the first ones fit right.

I know it's not much help, but the piece will go on perfectly if you get the clips lined up right.
I love those handles I can close my hatch good with my pop kit.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

yeah the clips are all engaged (except for the one that broke off ) but ill have to get pics to show what im talking about i guess

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I wish I had taken pictures of the inside of that piece when I had it off. You definitely don't have the clips lined up correctly up there, or you need to give it a harder push. If you unscrew the piece and pop the other clips it will give the piece more flex and should go back together easier. Sorry, I thought I had pictures that would be more helpful.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Those clips are a bitch to line up. I ended up putting slight pressure on it and using something like a long flat head to push it until it was sitting in the hole then started punching the plastic, it went in eventually.