GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Effed Up Fog Lights

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
So one thing I really suck at is bodywork.
I hit a row of cones at about 75-80mph at an autocross a while back, and totally jacked up one of my lights. Anyone know what a diy would entail for something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
I friggen hate bodywork. I’m thinking about waiting until SCCA makes intercoolers legal for ST classes, which would be “cool” (haha) here in Texas, so I could swap them out simultaneously, but egh...

nik

Go Kart Champion
messed my right one up due to a raccoon a while back just like yours. you'll have to do the following:

1) remove the whole bumper (there should be a DIY for that somewhere) and hope that the clips for the sides aren't FUBAR'ed once you remove it, else your bumper skin will keep on popping out on the sides.

2) either the tabs on your foglight are busted, or the actual mount it fits in (its a large hard plastic piece.

I actually had part of the tabs on my light break as well as the mount. I found some bumper repair epoxy at the local auto part store which I mended both of them with. Held together with zip ties and clamps where possible till it dried to put pressure and then cut the zip ties off. can't even tell anything broke from the outside.

but you can find non-oem replacements for the bracket on Ebay. I've ordered one, but haven't replaced it yet. or you can always try to score used fog lights. The bracket is the hardest to find even at wreckers, since bumpers are usually trashed. I forget the part number but I'm sure you can find a schematic online. Just make sure you don't get it for a Golf!

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
messed my right one up due to a raccoon a while back just like yours. you'll have to do the following:

1) remove the whole bumper (there should be a DIY for that somewhere) and hope that the clips for the sides aren't FUBAR'ed once you remove it, else your bumper skin will keep on popping out on the sides.

2) either the tabs on your foglight are busted, or the actual mount it fits in (its a large hard plastic piece.

I actually had part of the tabs on my light break as well as the mount. I found some bumper repair epoxy at the local auto part store which I mended both of them with. Held together with zip ties and clamps where possible till it dried to put pressure and then cut the zip ties off. can't even tell anything broke from the outside.

but you can find non-oem replacements for the bracket on Ebay. I've ordered one, but haven't replaced it yet. or you can always try to score used fog lights. The bracket is the hardest to find even at wreckers, since bumpers are usually trashed. I forget the part number but I'm sure you can find a schematic online. Just make sure you don't get it for a Golf!

Good info! Thanks a million! At this point I’m just going to wait until autocross season is over in case I end up plowing through some other crap. Plus, i’m waiting to find out if a Forge Twincooler would bump me out of sth, since it says in the rule book you can’t replace an intercooler, but it doesn’t say you can’t add one as far as I’ve read so far. If not I might try to pop one in there whilst I’ve got the front end apart. I’ll definitely be using the epoxy/zip tie route if possible. I’m all over the “alternative fabrication” whenever I can haha.