GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost reading on dash using vag com?

nimda

Ready to race!
is this possible? I'm seeing pictures of a boost reading on the display screen but basic searches has not revealed anything?

Does anyone know of another means to monitor boost without adding a gauge pod to the steering wheel or piller in a 2012 R?

nimda

Ready to race!
thanks, still not sure which one I will pick. Just trying to find more uses for the cable I bought.

///Audience

Ready to race!
I have an OBD II dongle that can transmit full OBD info such as diagnostic codes and engine parameters (boost being one) over either wifi or Bluetooth which can e read on an android or iOS device.

Shoot me a Pm if your interested. It's only $35

dopoz

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an OBD II dongle that can transmit full OBD info such as diagnostic codes and engine parameters (boost being one) over either wifi or Bluetooth which can e read on an android or iOS device.

Shoot me a Pm if your interested. It's only $35

I don't think DashCommand is pulling the actual boost pressure since that's in VW-specific OBD messages. It's probably displaying its "CALC.BOOST_PRESSURE" PID which is an estimate based on various values you need to specify correctly in the car's profile. If those numbers aren't configured right, the calculation is off.

At least that's how it works in my R, unless the recent DashCommand update made it read the VW-specific PIDs.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Yes, OBDII boost info is useless on these cars -- laggy, inaccurate, and capped. Doesn't matter if you're using Torque, a P3 gauge, or something else that uses OBDII. If you use a P3 gauge, use a boost tap.

nimda

Ready to race!
10-4.