GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any one dealt with Rotorlab?

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
EDIT: finally talked to him over the phone just now, he's been taking time off and apparently Im still 11th in the queue :(, hopefully I get the brakes soon.

Has anyone on here dealt with Rotorlab?

I purchased an 18Z front and rear brake kit from him back in the beginning of June and thought I'd check up on how they're coming along by emailing him last night with a quick "hey how are the brakes I ordered turning out?". No response. Shot him a call and went to voicemail. Left a brief message and my call back number, hopefully i get a response by the end of this week :/

Im aware he isnt running it at "retail" standards, but damn Im pretty bummed at the lack of contact, after I've purchased them. Friends are calling me an idiot for "walking into a scam that easily", but idk I trust the guy and after all, we made the transaction with paypal goods and services so Im not too worried.

Just wondering if anyone has purchased from him and has some feedback concerning Rotorlab, thanks.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Ive never worked with him, but did he tell you a estimated lead time before you ordered?
11th in queue still after a month and half waiting is a bit long imo... he should probably limit his orders to a couple per month if he isnt fully committed to doing them. Just My opinion.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
There are people that have purchased from him on here. It does take some time to get it ordered as it's just him and one other guy building these kits. There's always downsides to good deals.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Ive never worked with him, but did he tell you a estimated lead time before you ordered?
11th in queue still after a month and half waiting is a bit long imo... he should probably limit his orders to a couple per month if he isnt fully committed to doing them. Just My opinion.

Yeah he informed me 7-8 weeks when I ordered them, its been 7 so far and I hadnt gotten a word from him til last night after I tried to reach him. He informed me he has been limiting his queue shortly after me and telling folks to call back in a month or so due to the overwhelming demand. Im going to have to wait , really dont have any other choice.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
There are people that have purchased from him on here. It does take some time to get it ordered as it's just him and one other guy building these kits. There's always downsides to good deals.

Yup hell of a deal. It is what it is though, I;m gonna have to wait it out.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I have no experience with this guy. Hope it works out for you. One thing to consider is Paypal may not help you since so much time has past. You might want to check with them on that.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
I have no experience with this guy. Hope it works out for you. One thing to consider is Paypal may not help you since so much time has past. You might want to check with them on that.

Thank you, yeah Paypal said I had until November to make a dispute, I have a feeling it wont take that long though.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
I had my done from them last year. I was 7th in Que and it took 9 Weeks.
I didnt have the best experience with them.
First off: the epoxy paint looks good, but it is soft and not great at protecting and a drop of brake fluid will ruin the paint.
Second: The hardware is not treated correctly and will rust the first time water hits.
Third: After a year the Seals started leaking around 1 of the pistons.

Rob over there informed me if its not broke they do not fix it. So not all seals are fully replaced.
You get what you pay for, but if i was to do it again i would by a proper brake set up.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Rob over there informed me if its not broke they do not fix it. SO NOT ALL SEALS ARE FULLY REPLACED.
You get what you pay for, but if i was to do it again i would by a proper brake set up.

They aren't replaced?? wow. I'm out.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
I had my done from them last year. I was 7th in Que and it took 9 Weeks.
I didnt have the best experience with them.
First off: the epoxy paint looks good, but it is soft and not great at protecting and a drop of brake fluid will ruin the paint.
Second: The hardware is not treated correctly and will rust the first time water hits.
Third: After a year the Seals started leaking around 1 of the pistons.

Rob over there informed me if its not broke they do not fix it. So not all seals are fully replaced.

Damn, yeah he told me about the paint which I found a bit odd. Im still waiting in the queue, maybe I shouldve shelled out a bit more money and bought something else :/

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Damn, yeah he told me about the paint which I found a bit odd. Im still waiting in the queue, maybe I shouldve shelled out a bit more money and bought something else :/

I bought a set from him. He does take a long time. I haven't used mine yet as the car is still under construction so I can't comment on his rebuild but they are easy to rebuild if I have any issues. The weak point is the paint, looks very nice but I don't think it is going to hold up well but we will see.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
I bought a set from him. He does take a long time. I haven't used mine yet as the car is still under construction so I can't comment on his rebuild but they are easy to rebuild if I have any issues. The weak point is the paint, looks very nice but I don't think it is going to hold up well but we will see]

How long was the wait for you?

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Update 8-13, called Rob just now to check on the status of my brakes, he estimated over the phone that I was "maybe ninth in the queue now, as opposed to 14-15th when we spoke on the phone 7-18 (he told me 11th in the queue that time -.-) . He didnt know for sure where in the queue I stood and stated he'd have to be back in his office to let me know exactly what place I was in, and to call back tomorrow evening as he had just gotten back from a trip.

This blows. I was really looking forward to running his brake kits but Im slowly losing my patience. If Im really still at 9th in the queue tomorrow, Im asking for my money back.

Any one have any advice on how to go about this with Paypal in order to dispute this and receive all my money back? It was done through goods and services.

Thanks.