GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ultra Racing chassis brace review

MattBurgess

Passed Driver's Ed
I was almost going to do the tube inside the felt but tried the spray first. It's a dry lube spray that is invisible. They should give you a can when you buy the car, lol

I was almost going to do the tube inside the felt but tried the spray first. It's a dry lube spray that is invisible. They should give you a can when you buy the car, lol

I am gonna buy a can to try it out. Thanks!

bebersol

Ready to race!
First - the XB is the unibrace that'll give you the most bank for the buck as it reduces the shoebox effect of the back end of your hot hatch.

Second- I don't buy VR^Growl's analysis of the UB .vs UR midbrace. His example of "enough force" works against both systems, the important thing to remember is that the metallurgy is significantly different for the chrom-alloy steel .vs aircraft grade aluminum.

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
Kind of a late reply here, but I've had the Ultra mid brace on for several years now (picked it up used from a Canadian forum member).

My big thing is that is will clear almost all exhausts and it doesn't go lower than the stock pieces, where the I believe that the Unibrace states a 1" loss of clearance.

I have some impressive scratches across my skidplate body armor (don't think the Ultra front brace will fit with an ECS Skidplate by the way), but the Ultra brace is more or less scratch free, compared to the damage I've seen on many Unibraces.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    85.9 KB · Views: 145

bebersol

Ready to race!

Attachments

• tunnel bridge specs.png
    tunnel bridge specs.png
    6 KB · Views: 126

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
Kind of a late reply here, but I've had the Ultra mid brace on for several years now (picked it up used from a Canadian forum member).

My big thing is that is will clear almost all exhausts and it doesn't go lower than the stock pieces, where the I believe that the Unibrace states a 1" loss of clearance.

I have some impressive scratches across my skidplate body armor (don't think the Ultra front brace will fit with an ECS Skidplate by the way), but the Ultra brace is more or less scratch free, compared to the damage I've seen on many Unibraces.

I'll eat my own words....

Doesn't fit most exhausts apparently. Milltek 3" downpipe does not fit. Sits too low. Getting the Unibrace. Bring on even less ground clearance on the "great' quality of PA roads.