GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo vs. APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JhnR

Banned
Get a DP with a CAT. If you get catless run it with the Magnaflow, is gonna sound RASPY. Get a CAT, non-resonated if you want more sound.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Cool! Another guy who has no idea what they are talking about!

Most of the gains are from the hardware, stage 2 does add a little on top though and drivability is improved.

Thanks for the info actually, albeit in a snarky tone, I did not know that hardware had that much play. Makes sense now in terms of gripping the road with tires, improving air flow to the turbo and afterwards. Cheers

Storch

Go Kart Champion
CW12, if you go with APR we have a full product line that can take you from your standard 200 HP all the way to over 500 HP with APR hardware and software modifications. It's an easy program to follow and there's always support through the entire modding process.

+1 for APR :thumbsup:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
CW12, if you go with APR we have a full product line that can take you from your standard 200 HP all the way to over 500 HP with APR hardware and software modifications. It's an easy program to follow and there's always support through the entire modding process.

Arin, not to thread jack, but any idea if there will be a discount for 2.0 fsi carbonios at H20i this weekend? I ordered a p flo from MJM but I'm getting antsy and I'm going to be in MD this weekend and a free install sounds tempting.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
As for someone mentioning Stage II, I don't want to do that right now because the clutch will be toast. .

How the clutch holds up is pretty much up to you. Stg 2, being a bit smoother and more linear, might actually be easier on the clutch if you exercise some restraint. Programs don't kill clutches, people do...:D

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin, not to thread jack, but any idea if there will be a discount for 2.0 fsi carbonios at H20i this weekend? I ordered a p flo from MJM but I'm getting antsy and I'm going to be in MD this weekend and a free install sounds tempting.

Yes, there will be! we announced the sale already, but you probably can't find the announcement as it's listed somewhere in some sub forum not really used by anyone on here (per the rules)

JhnR

Banned
Plus APR has better customer service than Revo..

been there done that.. :scared0016:

JhnR

Banned
I am planning to buy a DP and have it installed as well as a Stage 1 Flash at the same time. Now my question is first which Downpipe? Second I have a Magnaflow CBE I plan to go catless, should I get resonated? Third Should I do APR or Revo? I have an APR dealer about 80 miles away and a Revo dealer about 50 miles away. I had a Revo flash on my old 1.8T Passat and it was great, never had anything APR though.

Is this the only two tuners you have close by? How bout GIAC or Unitronic. They're both great tunes and very good customer service from both.

RevoTechnik-GM

Passed Driver's Ed
I am planning to buy a DP and have it installed as well as a Stage 1 Flash at the same time. Now my question is first which Downpipe? Second I have a Magnaflow CBE I plan to go catless, should I get resonated? Third Should I do APR or Revo? I have an APR dealer about 80 miles away and a Revo dealer about 50 miles away. I had a Revo flash on my old 1.8T Passat and it was great, never had anything APR though.

PM sent.

Convenience is sometimes a factor which is why many people suggest going to the dealer who is closest to you, but I suggest going to the dealer who can best support you.

If you're doing a down-pipe, you are a candidate for Stage 2 software, which will show a substantial improvement when used in combination with the appropriate hardware.

I believe I have a solution for you that will cover the DP, the software, competitive pricing, after-sale support, and future upgrade potential,... all on par or ahead of comparable brands.

CW12

Ready to race!
Well then I may just go Stage 2 and be easy on it until I update the clutch. I assume as long as I don't launch it or drag race it I should be fine. Normal daily driving surely can't do much harm to it and the occasional 2-3 rip. I have also discovered a very reputable shop near the what I found to be shady APR shop that does GIAC. He claims the GIAC stuff is awesome and their support is awesome. I really want APR, but don't want to deal with my shady dealer that doesn't have a working phone currently. I haven't heard much good or bad on GIAC.

Yes, there will be! we announced the sale already, but you probably can't find the announcement as it's listed somewhere in some sub forum not really used by anyone on here (per the rules)

*ahem*

Still waiting on my Carbonio. Ordered 8/21, charged in full. Still no ship :(

I haz a sad.

CW12

Ready to race!
PM sent.

Convenience is sometimes a factor which is why many people suggest going to the dealer who is closest to you, but I suggest going to the dealer who can best support you.

If you're doing a down-pipe, you are a candidate for Stage 2 software, which will show a substantial improvement when used in combination with the appropriate hardware.

I believe I have a solution for you that will cover the DP, the software, competitive pricing, after-sale support, and future upgrade potential,... all on par or ahead of comparable brands.

Didn't get the PM.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Curious myself since I have GIAC, Revo, APR sorta near by. APR is most frequent near me (few shops). I am in the same boat w/ the clutch though.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Well then I may just go Stage 2 and be easy on it until I update the clutch. I assume as long as I don't launch it or drag race it I should be fine. Normal daily driving surely can't do much harm to it and the occasional 2-3 rip. I have also discovered a very reputable shop near the what I found to be shady APR shop that does GIAC. He claims the GIAC stuff is awesome and their support is awesome. I really want APR, but don't want to deal with my shady dealer that doesn't have a working phone currently. I haven't heard much good or bad on GIAC.

Can you PM me the details of the dealer you visited?

Status
Not open for further replies.