GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB intake and breather hose

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
My breather is is really kinked with the Cobb intake. Anyone have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I just installed my big sf intake today and while the hose was flexing quite a bit and felt like it could break, it didn't kink on me. I can post a pic of mine if you want.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Please do. Thanks.

It's dark and cold out but I did my best with my phone

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
It's dark and cold out but I did my best with my phone

Thanks for those. Your hose has a nice curve to it unlike mine. Will have to play with intake some more to try and get rid of the kink.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Thanks for those. Your hose has a nice curve to it unlike mine. Will have to play with intake some more to try and get rid of the kink.

I feel like since it's already kinked it may be hard to get it to sit without one. If thats the case I would assume they are cheap. Also in case you haven't already don't forget to use one of Cobb's big SF tunes. My car was throwing codes and running like shit, thought it was pcv but then remembered it needs a specific tune.

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel like since it's already kinked it may be hard to get it to sit without one. If thats the case I would assume they are cheap. Also in case you haven't already don't forget to use one of Cobb's big SF tunes. My car was throwing codes and running like shit, thought it was pcv but then remembered it needs a specific tune.

This breather hose was a replacement and doesn't seem as flexible as the original one. I am running a k04 big sf tune. Stratified did send me a k04 stock intake tune as I'm going to pull the Cobb intake to take care of issue or get different intake. Cobb looks like only one to not retain stock return location.