GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche Brembo NQSBBK Review!

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Did some hard stops today with all the heavy stuff out of my car (jacks, rotors, tools for install) and wow, the car stops even better now. Its such a weird feeling. Its like there is strong vertical gravity behind me. The one thing i don't like about this setup is the pads don't cover the whole rotor. I wish there were other rotors out there that were thinner to match pad thickness. Look at the above pictures and you will notice two different colors. It was raining hard yesterday and the rotors had normal rust on them which goes away when you drive but the untouched part of the rotor still has rust on it which blows.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
I am disappointed to hear about your issues with the Diesel Performance kit.

Did you swap the crossover tubes on the Boxster calipers?

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I swapped them.

I am disappointed that the company doesn't give you any specs about their product. Doesn't take much to do a little research in the product you sell before selling it. How was I supposed to know that I can't torque their brackets to factory spec?? Hopefully the thread lock will keep both of my stripped brackets on long enough for me to replace them.

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Do the stock 17" Goals clear these calipers without spacers?

This guy: http://www.porschecalipers.co.uk is working on modifying Boxster S pads to work in standard Boxster calipers which would give full pad-rotor coverage. I'm sure if you had both pads in hand you could see what needed to be done and take a grinder to the S pads to make them work.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Will be doing this later this year or early 2013

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Do the stock 17" Goals clear these calipers without spacers?

This guy: http://www.porschecalipers.co.uk is working on modifying Boxster S pads to work in standard Boxster calipers which would give full pad-rotor coverage. I'm sure if you had both pads in hand you could see what needed to be done and take a grinder to the S pads to make them work.

After I installed the brakes with 5mm spacers I took a 5mm Allen bit and stuck it in between the spokes and the calipers and it fit everywhere beside one location as I got closer to the center of the wheel. I think a 2mm spacer would clear the brakes. Unless you grind away 2mm of caliper then they would clear. I'll take some measurements today.

Hmm, the boxster s pad things looks interesting. I'm assuming more pad coverage equals better stopping power.

cruizin011

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the kind words guys.
FYI Im looking into the "S" pad fitment.
Ill update back when I know something for sure.

Derek

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Update: I do not like the brembo rotors because they rust around the hub area. I'm probably gonna install my oem rotors back.

Also, my breaks squeal when I brake lightly. I had a similar squeal with the R32 brakes using stock pads. Gonna try out the brake shims.

Trying to get more info on the Boxster S pads.

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Try re-bedding the pads to the rotors to kill the squeal.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Try re-bedding the pads to the rotors to kill the squeal.

This combo, for some reason squeals like a Motha... I've tried pretty much everything. Tried Mintex pads which aren't known for noise, Now on Hawk Performance ceramics, lots of Brake disk quiet and it's pretty much under control but still does if I don't heat the pads up regularly. A friend gave me the expensive anti-vibration plates for these but haven't installed them yet. Previous efforts with shim pads didn't help. I suspect it's just the resonance combination of the Mount and Rotor size...

Last edited:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
This combo, for some reason squeals like a Motha... I've tried pretty much everything. Tried Mintex pads which aren't known for noise, Now on Hawk Performance ceramics, lots of Brake disk quiet and it's pretty much under control but still does if I don't heat the pads up regularly. A friend gave me the expensive anti-vibration plates for these but haven't installed them yet. Previous efforts with shim pads didn't help. I suspect it's just the resonance combination of the Mount and Rotor size...

I find it hard to believe that the noise is caused by vibration. I feel like the sound is coming from one single point of the pad hitting the rotor. The noise seems to get worse after hard braking.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I find it hard to believe that the noise is caused by vibration.

It's a resonance caused by a complex combination of Vibration, Pad material, mount style, and rotor size.

Noise typically reduces after hard braking..

Last edited: