GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

porsche boxster caliper

candc8

Ready to race!
so will the squeal go away if i do the calipers correctly or would i have to still get the anti squeal pads?

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
I have the squeal with them mounted correctly and with the antisqueal pads... I need to get Ceramic Pads to get rid of that. Then again, I abuse my discs with Racing compound pads every now and again when tracking, which probably doesn't help, even if I am using regular factory compound for daily driving.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Install the calipers correctly. There is a science to having one piston larger than the other. Get stoptech pads and anti vibration dampeners which cost 100 bucks for 4 and there shouldn't be any squeal. Don't forget to bed the pads in. If squeal still persists then perhaps new rotors should be used with new pads.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Sounds like a tedious process with an unsure outlook. This is what has kept me away from the Porsche upgrade

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
Grapes surely are sour when you can't reach them... Just saying.

This setup is so far superior to the setup you are running it's not even funny, I know because I used to run it. The only issue here is installing something properly with the correct components.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

This setup is so far superior to the setup you are running it's not even funny, I know because I used to run it. The only issue here is installing something properly with the correct components.

There's no denying its a good setup, but what percentage has the issue? What all can go wrong, etc. etc. Most BBKs are a simple bolt on and bed procedure. This seems to have an after taste. If its really THAT simple, I'll definitely look into it again.

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
Changing pads for track duty or otherwise takes 10 min or less...
Really the defining difference is the confidence and brake pedal feel.
Needless to say that with track pads and I also added titanium plates (to avoid boiling the fluid)the car was outbraking lap after lap m3s 1m coupes etc, especially at the end of the day where everyone was fading.

And let's not forget that 16 inch wheels still clear for the winter.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

Exactly.....:thumbsup:

tman1

Ready to race!
I'm definitely running a similar setup. After looking at all the bolt on options that provide the same level of service, you can't have better bang for buck than with this setup.

Ebay has plenty of caliper options as well.

Steve, what would be the best place to find mounting hardware for these calipers to fit the GTI.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Good quality kit?

tman1

Ready to race!