GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replica Alloy Wheels

sean1234

Has anybody got any experience of rep alloys,

I have got VW 16" with 205/55 at the momenton my tsi and I have seen some reps on ebay for around £600 wheels and tyres,

They are 18" with 225/40 Nexion tyres some people are saying it will wreck the handling of the car because the rep wheels will be heavy,

Has any body had this problem when they have upped there wheel size??

any advice much appreciated

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Yes they will be heavy. From what I have seen reps weigh any where from 26-31 lbs or 11-14 kg. Yes that will slow acceleration and take away some of the handling. Unless you are trying to get the best time possible on the track you won't notice the difference by much.

Oh and your mpg will fall a bit from bigger wheels and your speedo will probably be a tad off as well. Again nothing major though you will probably lose 1-3 mpg (not sure how you guys measure fuel economy your on your own with converting that haha) and your speedo will probably show you going 5 kph faster or slower can't remember than you really are.

zrickety

The Fixer
Spend money going lighter, not reps.

sean1234

Audi 18" TTRS ROTOR alloys reps

Hi all,

I decided to take the plunge and I got some Audi 18" TTRS ROTOR ARM gunmetal alloys "reps" with 225/40 tyres fitted to my VW Golf,

I have only had them on a couple of days I like the look of them for the side and the rear of the car definitely looks more beefy but the handling of the car is not as good seems to loose grip on corners even though the tyres are much wider then the 205,s i had on previously also the car is not as fast and nimble on twisty roads.

I suppose you only get what you pay for £610 I will keep them on for the moment to see if I can live with them,If not they will be up on ebay with a lesson lured.

zrickety

The Fixer
You must have picked up a different kind of tire? I know reps are heavier but the handling should not have deteriorated that much.

sean1234

the tyres are Nexen N3000 fitted to 18*8 wheels,the tyres I had on previously was Michelin Primacy 3 on 16 wheels

It is a shame they don't handle as well as they look quite good see attatched

Attachments

• dog 002.jpg
    dog 002.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 805

sean1234

I bought mine from a outlet that sold replica's so I know they are,

You can also tell reps because the ones I have are around 6kg each heavier then my original wheels also the lacer is no where near as tough