GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soooo...I’ve Been Tasked With Teaching My Nephew How To Drive... Advice

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
He’s a good kid, really left brain smart. I’m teaching him on my wife’s 6 speed manual Tiguan. He’s getting the transmission part very slowly but surely, but he’s VERY VERY tentative. Tentative to the point where he’s going to cause an accident. He’s going to SCCA Teen Street Survival in a few weeks, but I doubt he’ll go fast enough to get anything out of it at this point.

So here is my plan.... Next time I take him out, we’re going to have our regular lesson, then I’m going to take him to the 1/8 mile strip by my house. He won’t have to drive or anything, but he can ride along with me and possibly one of my buddies, just to make him realize he can go faster than 15mph without crashing and dying, and maybe have a little fun.

Yay or nay?

Possible suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
He’s a good kid, really left brain smart. I’m teaching him on my wife’s 6 speed manual Tiguan. He’s getting the transmission part very slowly but surely, but he’s VERY VERY tentative. Tentative to the point where he’s going to cause an accident. He’s going to SCCA Teen Street Survival in a few weeks, but I doubt he’ll go fast enough to get anything out of it at this point.

So here is my plan.... Next time I take him out, we’re going to have our regular lesson, then I’m going to take him to the 1/8 mile strip by my house. He won’t have to drive or anything, but he can ride along with me and possibly one of my buddies, just to make him realize he can go faster than 15mph without crashing and dying, and maybe have a little fun.

Yay or nay?

Possible suggestions?

My Son did the Tire Rack Street Survival course put on by our local Porsche Club :thumbsup: but my Son was already driving on the Road. Great learning environment and the young people get alot from it in a very short time.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
My Son did the Tire Rack Street Survival course put on by our local Porsche Club :thumbsup: but my Son was already driving on the Road. Great learning environment and the young people get alot from it in a very short time.

Good to know, I just hope I can get him ready for it so he actually gets something out of it. I think this afternoon I’m going to take him out in the middle of nowhere and just let him do whatever he wants for a while.