GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 Ko4 Installed/driven

dbest6808

Ready to race!
if you have to ask, then its not for you.... :thumbsup:

What that is a very logical question, just sayin thats an ingorant responce to a valid question.

I believe the kit costs roughly 2600 and labor should be in the area of $600 to $800. Ive read that DIY can be done in a weekends time if you are not acustomed to doing it.

dbest6808

Ready to race!
To those that have the k04 what does the car drive like at low RPMS such as 1700 to 3000? Is there a significant amount of lag? I ask because the k04 is a mid to high RPM turbo and seems to be making significantly less power that a stage 2 setup on the low end when compared to the stock k03.
I don’t track the car I like to drive aggressively sometimes but usually don’t rev it to redline. I usually shift around 4k. I also do a lot of city driving, highway as well, but not as much. Would the K04 even be a benefit to me with my driving style?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
To those that have the k04 what does the car drive like at low RPMS such as 1700 to 3000? Is there a significant amount of lag? I ask because the k04 is a mid to high RPM turbo and seems to be making significantly less power that a stage 2 setup on the low end when compared to the stock k03.
I don’t track the car I like to drive aggressively sometimes but usually don’t rev it to redline. I usually shift around 4k. I also do a lot of city driving, highway as well, but not as much. Would the K04 even be a benefit to me with my driving style?

I can confidently say after years and years of driving with the k04, it does not lack any power in terms of spool.

If you compare it to your stock turbo, with no chip, it basically feels like it spools the same, except rather than having only around 200 FT-lbs of torque on tap, you have about 300 ft-lbs on torque for most of the power band.

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
The K04 requires a significantly different driving style than a Stage I/II setup to be at its fastest. With the K04, the car is now fastest at/near redline. The instant torque seen in the low end with a tuned K03 is reduced.

FNR32

Ready to race!
I can confidently say after years and years of driving with the k04, it does not lack any power in terms of spool.

If you compare it to your stock turbo, with no chip, it basically feels like it spools the same, except rather than having only around 200 FT-lbs of torque on tap, you have about 300 ft-lbs on torque for most of the power band.

Arin,

Is there any way possible I could get down to APR one day and get to ride in a K04 powered car to see if it's really what im looking for?

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
K04 stock dp exhaust (bb is in the mail). The power gains I achieved were phenomenal. City driving(1500 rpms-2500) it drives stock. After 2500 you can feel it pull and above 4k it screams.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin,

Is there any way possible I could get down to APR one day and get to ride in a K04 powered car to see if it's really what im looking for?

That shouldn't be an issue. I'll just talk to one of the guys with a k04 and see if he's cool with me giving you a test drive.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Can you make a video please :)

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
Rode in this beast yesterday and I can tell you, she's worth every penny and I can't wait to get that kit on my car. Just like my man said, 3rd gear slams you back in the seat and you can't wipe the smirky smile off your face! Love it.

Good stuff happenin' in here!

yahunga

I just had APR flash their stage 2 software into my mk6 at h20 and it makes a Hellayshus difference. But I also installed a NSP boost gauge as well when I got home. Romping through first the gauge barely even passes the vacuum into boost before I shift.... But the blow off is loud and through second and third I'm at 17-18lbs.... Anyone know why that is? Thought I might have a bad gauge...

mikeh61

Ready to race!
I just had APR flash their stage 2 software into my mk6 at h20 and it makes a Hellayshus difference. But I also installed a NSP boost gauge as well when I got home. Romping through first the gauge barely even passes the vacuum into boost before I shift.... But the blow off is loud and through second and third I'm at 17-18lbs.... Anyone know why that is? Thought I might have a bad gauge...

why is this in a 7 month old apr k04 thread?