GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XGC75 - One for the Road

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Been trying to track down my front-end clunk. This morning I replaced the strut mount and bearing on one side, which didn't make a bit of difference.

Anyone got ideas on what I should try next? Endlinks are high on my list.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Wasted an hour putting the car on a Dyno this morning. Got some knock codes on the way down there so timing was probably as conservative as possible. Only put down 250/240.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

250whp with a k04?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow yeah

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Did 315 last year, which is on par with a catted k04 with the s3.

Anyways, about my clunky suspension...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Been trying to track down my front-end clunk. This morning I replaced the strut mount and bearing on one side, which didn't make a bit of difference.

Anyone got ideas on what I should try next? Endlinks are high on my list.

Endlinks for sure. And it's an easy diagnosis.. just disconnect them from the shock and take it for a quick test drive.

My superpro endlinks are toast after a year, gonna get them warrantied

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah, endlinks. Disconnected the bottoms and zip-tied them up. Sloppy but super quiet suspension. Still one remaining clunk, but only happened once. I think it has to do with motor movement.

Anyways, bought a pair of new endlinks and OEM strut bearings to return the car to its former refinement.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Final update, maybe. Fixed the front-end clunk with new endlinks. Installed 034 Street motor mounts and OEM strut bearings, job took over my life, things are going well. Traded it in for a '21 Genesis G70 AWD in June, installing an ECU to do ~420awhp as soon as it clears customs. Regret selling the GTI. I miss a manual transmission already. Good times here.