GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

13 Mk6 GTI stg 1 vs 09 FA5 Supercharged

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

I finally did a few runs against my friends SI. I did better than I thought . I stuck with him 1-4th from a dig and that's when he started pulling. I feel that if I were stage 2 I would be able to atleast hang even. He has a kraftwerks s/c claims to be at 340hp/220tq. I'd love to just go k04 and just get the win but kinda hard for a family man haha. Thanks for reading.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Krafrtwerks is a centrifugal supercharger i believe and if he's making that power he'll be a high 12sec car if he knows how to drive.

My dad has a CT Engineering (roots design) supercharger with an aftercooler on his RSX-S. He's in the process of getting a custom tune with Vit Viper, but his car is right on par with my K04 GTI.

I take it you're the better driver of the two and your high low end torque helped you hang.

Sent via my moto /g/ machine

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
He should smoke a stage 1 or 2 GTI no problem if his car is running right. Nice hang, I'm sure he's surprised.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
He's been mid to low 13s. He needs new tires as he doesn't grip well. But I'm sure if he'd be able to put that power down he'd do better.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
He's been mid to low 13s. He needs new tires as he doesn't grip well. But I'm sure if he'd be able to put that power down he'd do better.
Wow, poor guy is running slow. I ran a 13.7 at 103.5 on all-seasons and full interior at stage 2. I'd just go K04 and not tell him [emoji12]

Either he has a horrible tune, can't drive, or both. Props for keeping up though.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Update to this. I just raced same supercharged SI from 80-120ish. We were dead even. So it's his mid range that really has me.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Yeah for your friends sake and being a good car guy you should mention something. I don't doubt you had the outcome you're saying, but somethings not right.

My dad has a S/C and aftercooled RSX-S running between 9-10psi and vit tuned. He walked a newer Camaro SS last week, he's got some serious top end. I'm waiting for his tune to be finished for us to do some runs.

Your car should run 14 flat maybe dip into the high 13's. A FBO K20 with the proper setup could take you in the top end, especially a high speed run. That's not S/C.

I'm not trying to shit on your parade. I'm a MK6 owner that's gone from stage 1 to FBO K04. Hate to see a car enthusiast permanently damage their car unknowingly.