GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick help, Are these RPF1's real or fake? (Pics inside)

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Spoke profile looks goofy.

Also, notice the oversize VIA stamp on the one spoke.

Here are real RPF-1s in 18x8:

I guess the cutaway where the lugs sit is based on the bolt pattern. That black wheel is cut similar to these. But yes the spokes seem a bit thick..

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
yeah Zillon has valid point, but i would still go check it out.
its around the corner from you.

on the back it will be stamped Enkei, with specs etc.
18x8.5 et45 all that jazz

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Added this to the first post:

So i went and saw the wheels. Took my own pictures. Check them out and now see if you feel any different. I honestly think the center cap and crappy lugs are what's killing these wheels.. after seeing them in person, they look incredible. The finish on them really pops. Looks like a quality wheel. If they are reps they're damn good. I'm still cautious.. i don't know what to think. The guy in person was really cool and very knowledgable. HE was cautious about reps as well when he bought them from another guy. He mentioned some of the things i read about fakes. For ex: Where The lugs sit, on fakes its much shallower. Real ones sit nice and deep like the ones in these photos. The story is he bought these used from a guy who had them for a while. That guy had the wheels refinished. This makes me feel they're real, because who would spend the money on refinishing Reps? IDK.. Anyways look at these photos. The wheels were on the car so it was pretty hard to get a decent shot. He's even willing to come over some day and pull the wheels off to weigh them and check out the back.

Heres a close up of the VIA marking. Dont know what that means. :(

This is hard to tell but here it says 18X8.5J ... not sure what the J means

Dont know what this marking means.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
So a guy who lives around the corner from me is selling these RPF1's 18X8.5 et40 5x114 for $900 including tires. (tires are crap, i know) Im going to see them at 6:00.

8:40 pm right now in Westonzuela, hopefully you didn't buy them :D

They Look powercoated
Not that light of a wheel for $900
Those tires :thumbdown:

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
8:40 pm right now in Westonzuela, hopefully you didn't buy them :D

They Look powercoated
Not that light of a wheel for $900
Those tires :thumbdown:

Lol! You know Weston well. I am impressed.

RPF's are pretty darn light, no? You have them on your car. :lol: But yes you're right about them being powder coated. He mentioned the prior owner had them refinished apparently.

And yeah the tires are junk. Id switch them. If they are real, i'd be offering a lot less than 900 trust me. I need good tires on this car Eurodyne stage 2 is nuts on the mk7.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Lol! You know Weston well. I am impressed.

RPF's are pretty darn light, no? You have them on your car. :lol: But yes you're right about them being powder coated. He mentioned the prior owner had them refinished apparently.

And yeah the tires are junk. Id switch them. If they are real, i'd be offering a lot less than 900 trust me. I need good tires on this car Eurodyne stage 2 is nuts on the mk7.

Used to live in Miami & kinda drove around :thumbsup:
Yes, they are light, mine are 18s and weight is 16.9 lbs each. Since seller provided you with more info. I suggest work a bit more with the seller to get just the rims, just keep in mind that those are around 20lbs each.

I still don't think they're real.

I can take a pic tonight of my set to compare how they look in the back.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
They are REPS. It's obvious just looking at them. The center part where the spokes meet gave it away. True RPF1s have a sharp opening while the REP is rounded. Plus real one has a flat face (where the mounting holes are).

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
They are REPS. It's obvious just looking at them. The center part where the spokes meet gave it away. True RPF1s have a sharp opening while the REP is rounded. Plus real one has a flat face (where the mounting holes are).

Yep that's the part that's bothering me.

I still don't think they're real.

I'd say you're right sir.

Used to live in Miami & kinda drove around :thumbsup:
Yes, they are light, mine are 18s and weight is 16.9 lbs each. Since seller provided you with more info. I suggest work a bit more with the seller to get just the rims, just keep in mind that those are around 20lbs each.

I can take a pic tonight of my set to compare how they look in the back.

Oh ok cool. lol Probably won't be necessary, but thanks for the offer!

Aint gonna risk it. I'll keep looking. I really don't know what i want. I can get some Enkei tuning wheels like the TSP6 or T6S for 10% off plus free shipping from autoanything. Might just go for those.

anticon

Ready to race!
Are those not caca anyway?? To each their own, but... :barf:
Good thing they were spotted as reps, I guess.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Are those not caca anyway?? To each their own, but... :barf:
Good thing they were spotted as reps, I guess.

Rpf1's aren't the best looking, but they're classics and they're light.

With the right width and right tire on them they can look beastly.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Rpf1's aren't the best looking, but they're classics and they're light.

With the right width and right tire on them they can look beastly.

^ This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Agreed, real RPF1 were on my short list.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Yeah maybe someday i'll get my dream wheels. Enkei Rs05 RR. :)

For now i've decided to get VMR 703 18X8.5 in gunmetal thanks to Allsets insanely cheap pricing for them... Cannot pass it up. Thanks for the help guys! Missed this forum.

Last edited: