GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
The issue I had when at part throttle with WGDC at about 35% or more, with truly steady throttle, I had boost fluctuations which shouldn't be there, like getting on and off the throttle on my own, only I wasn't. Not sure if that has to do with the MAF.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

That's similar to what I told my tuner. I'm pretty sure it's wastegate related. There is a hesitation and then boost release and then the car accelerates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UberFast

Ready to race!
If you didn't experience that on a previous iteration then ask Alex about it. Could very well be something simple that he can correct.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I'm on the first iteration lol. Running a aftermarket WGA though. Alex isn't my assigned tuner, but I'll probably still pm him since he seems to be in charge of all the other tuners.

UberFast

Ready to race!
That's when it happened to me. 1st or 2nd iteration. They'll correct it. I'm also using a forge wga, set to 3mm preload.

11gti718

Ready to race!
i was getting that code during one of the iterations. It’s abit scary when you’re on the highway and the car just goes into limp mode. Lets see if this lastest one doesnt do it. Only happened twice.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
The ECU in these cars are very picky I should say. Most cars would set a limit on max boost beyond which they will cut. Say 23 psi. The VW ECU however watches the target boost all the time and compares to actual. That means that say at part throttle there is a target of 2psi. If you exceed that target by a certain amount for a certain number of seconds it can throw the overboost code.

I am able to correct this issue but it can take a bit more time as it can pop up in unexpected areas of the operating range of the engine - not just WOT or under load.

The other code that can pop up is P0606. This if you look at it with VAGCOM is most likely going to report P1335. The most likely scenario for this code on most cars is going to be an incorrect mass air calculation. We have ironed the tuning side out - so look there first for any leaks or if you have an odd intake that an throw the MAF reading off.

As always we work with you guys to address any issues on the calibration side and/or guide you to where to look for issues if they are hardware related.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I wondering when you were gonna comment. Always glad to read your input Alex. Does the integrated engineering intake through MAF readings off? I've had my shop check for leaks multiple times. Could it be the forge Wastegate?

jeez

Ready to race!
I wondering when you were gonna comment. Always glad to read your input Alex. Does the integrated engineering intake through MAF readings off? I've had my shop check for leaks multiple times. Could it be the forge Wastegate?

I have the APR Carbonio and the DV+. I don't think the brand or type of hardware matters. Only thing, if there's a leak.

Alex will come through I'm sure.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

My IE intake has been working great for me.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

The Forge WG is the most likely culprit here as it will allow the turbo to make more boost with the same wastegate duty cycle from the N75 valve at all operating points.

UberFast

Ready to race!
The Forge WG is the most likely culprit here as it will allow the turbo to make more boost with the same wastegate duty cycle from the N75 valve at all operating points.
So what would be the corrective action for those with the forge wastegate actuator? Do we need to do some adjusting on the actuator or can yall correct this in the tune?

nagokart

Ready to race!
I just flashed an updated tune and for some reason I cannot get the launch control to work at all. I chose the rev limit on the AP and turned off traction control.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
So what would be the corrective action for those with the forge wastegate actuator? Do we need to do some adjusting on the actuator or can yall correct this in the tune?

This will need to be adjusted in the tune

I just flashed an updated tune and for some reason I cannot get the launch control to work at all. I chose the rev limit on the AP and turned off traction control.

Email us as a reply to the email containing your tune please.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Last tune revision improved driveability a lot but still goes into limp mode if I start to push it. I think I might have figured out where I possibly have a boost leak. Only thing I can think of is the Turbo Muffler Delete, since the turbo is ported even on the outlet it might not be sealing properly and preventing the turbo from building boost at low rpm causing the surging and following overboost. Gonna pull it off and put the stock unit on. If this doesn't fix it idk what to do lol.

Crackles are addictive. Let off throttle passing a cop, he gave me the most confused look. In 1st-2nd gear I get crackles a low as 2.5k rpm, I thought rpm had to be above 3k. Not complaining though.

Last edited:

jeez

Ready to race!
Last tune revision improved driveability a lot but still goes into limp mode if I start to push it. I think I might have figured out where I possibly have a boost leak. Only thing I can think of is the Turbo Muffler Delete, since the turbo is ported even on the outlet it might not be sealing properly and preventing the turbo from building boost at low rpm causing the surging and following overboost. Gonna pull it off and put the stock unit on. If this doesn't fix it idk what to do lol.

What code is it throwing?