GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your Top Speed?

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Weird story . Stock I could only get to 117-120 mph. Stage 1 APR allowed me to do many runs in the 130s . Top speed ever gone and recorded by GPS is 142 mph. Word thing since I got extra mods like stage 1 and 2 APR intake and r8 coils along with upgraded sparks I did not surpass my top speed record my car stayed at a brick wall at 135 mph.

Mind you I was looking at my digital speedometer and I didn't bother looking at the analog . Nor did I have the GPS on because my phone died . I was pretty disappointed. I was racing a stage 2 mk6 jetta 1.8T. And even though I won he said he was going in the 140s.

Maybe because my fuel was little over a quarter tank? Wear and tear over time ? Anyone know why ? Expected these mods to crack a new record .

I already put a downpayment on APR stage 2 downpipe . So I'm going to fill up and turn GPS on and do one more run to see what's going on .

Then hopefully I can surpass 142 and rhen see what stage 2 can do !.

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Weird story . Stock I could only get to 117-120 mph. Stage 1 APR allowed me to do many runs in the 130s . Top speed ever gone and recorded by GPS is 142 mph. Word thing since I got extra mods like stage 1 and 2 APR intake and r8 coils along with upgraded sparks I did not surpass my top speed record my car stayed at a brick wall at 135 mph.

Mind you I was looking at my digital speedometer and I didn't bother looking at the analog . Nor did I have the GPS on because my phone died . I was pretty disappointed. I was racing a stage 2 mk6 jetta 1.8T. And even though I won he said he was going in the 140s.

Maybe because my fuel was little over a quarter tank? Wear and tear over time ? Anyone know why ? Expected these mods to crack a new record .

I already put a downpayment on APR stage 2 downpipe . So I'm going to fill up and turn GPS on and do one more run to see what's going on .

Then hopefully I can surpass 142 and rhen see what stage 2 can do !.

Stage 2 will help a lot with that, gives it way more life up top than stage 1. Also curious how you managed to put a down payment on a car part

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I hit 110 today with my new Stage 2 flash. The crazy part was I just hammering on the pedal, no intention or realization I was going that fast. Sort of scary haha

Did the same thing yesterday. Hammered down coming on the highway, just keep cruising.. look down and I'm doing 130-135 lol

Sauce118

Ready to race!
I hit 160 easy every now and again. (Closed course of course) and she easily would pull higher if there was room and enough life insurance. K04 100oct

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I hit 160 easy every now and again. (Closed course of course) and she easily would pull higher if there was room and enough life insurance. K04 100oct
i have a 100k policy. Well its a life insurance/retirement thing. As in i have 100k life insurance but the extra money gets put into a kind of retirement fund with investments and stuff. According to the insurance guy, a friend of my dad, my projection is at 65 i will be able to start taking out 20-24k per year from my fund. Which the way social security is almost gone as it is in 40 years an extra 20k per year couldnt hurt.

But then again i have no one so it just goes to my moms if i die now.

That being said im stage 2 and the fastest ive been is 127 indicated. I dont really have the need for speed anymore. I like spirited driving but i dont see the point for me to be freight training along anymore.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
i have a 100k policy. Well its a life insurance/retirement thing. As in i have 100k life insurance but the extra money gets put into a kind of retirement fund with investments and stuff. According to the insurance guy, a friend of my dad, my projection is at 65 i will be able to start taking out 20-24k per year from my fund. Which the way social security is almost gone as it is in 40 years an extra 20k per year couldnt hurt.

But then again i have no one so it just goes to my moms if i die now.

That being said im stage 2 and the fastest ive been is 127 indicated. I dont really have the need for speed anymore. I like spirited driving but i dont see the point for me to be freight training along anymore.

I almost invested in a similar policy. Decided to invest in bitcoin instead. Boy was I glad I made that decision haha

You guys should consider a 1/2 mile roll racing event. wanngofast does them several times a year, it's a good time, and you'd be surprised the kind of cars that come..not everyone brings a UGR Lambo/GTR.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I almost invested in a similar policy. Decided to invest in bitcoin instead. Boy was I glad I made that decision haha

You guys should consider a 1/2 mile roll racing event. wanngofast does them several times a year, it's a good time, and you'd be surprised the kind of cars that come..not everyone brings a UGR Lambo/GTR.

Anything like this around CT?

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
165mph

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I honestly don't think I've ever had my mk6 above 100 mph. If I did it's only been once.
I took my mk4 up to 120 plenty of times though, and in places I definitely should have been. Pretty sure I hit 140 in that car before too.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

Same. I think the fastest I've gone in this Gti is around 120/130 but that was only a handful of times. I don't feel the need for going that fast anymore either. I rarely go over 80 now unless I'm doing a run with someone (which is rare).

Constantly driving like an ass hat and going in excess of 80 is just asking for a reckless driving charge... its just a matter of WHEN, not if. I've had my fair share of those growing up.

But back in the day I hit 150/160 in my mk4 Vr6 2.8L VF supercharged gti with 2 others in the car with me.... and in my Mk4 R32 I hit 160+ with 3 others in the car with me. Speedo only went up to 160 but I still had gear left in 6th... anddddd thats how I totaled my R32. Already flew past my exit once that night and had already turned around and was about to speed by it again when I decided I'd just take the exit ramp going fast.... yea well the exit ramp was very sharp and I made friends with the guard rail allll the way down. If that guard rail wasn't there... we probably all would have died.

Lesson learned the hard way; just glad everyone was alright. And boy do I wish I still had that Mk4 R32... it would be turbo'ed by now....

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I consistently do 140-155mph. I have a really long drive to work and most of the time no one is on the road, early morning. I've ended fifth gear a lot and go into sixth for another 15 seconds. The car runs out of steam at 148mph but will go passed 150mph given a little more road. Fourth gear ends right at 116mph and I do that a few times a week.

avni

Ready to race!
SICK ^^

Do you experience LOUD tire noise?

My tires SCREAM when im doing over 80 LOL embarrassing shit

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
SICK ^^

Do you experience LOUD tire noise?

My tires SCREAM when im doing over 80 LOL embarrassing shit
probably due to your tires groves and compound.
A high quality tire will be quieter with higher speed in comparison to a economy tire.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I consistently do 140-155mph. I have a really long drive to work and most of the time no one is on the road, early morning. I've ended fifth gear a lot and go into sixth for another 15 seconds. The car runs out of steam at 148mph but will go passed 150mph given a little more road. Fourth gear ends right at 116mph and I do that a few times a week.

Need more steam

KO_81

125mph, slowed down as I was frightened about my license.