GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
No not a 911. They just unlocked the sales of the unsold Diesel inventory.

Not that there's anything wrong with my current D, in fact I love it, but it *is* missing some things I really miss from the truck I traded - namely, a black interior (beige just gets too dirty, and black is just so serene feeling), cooled seats (used them all the time), HIDs (didn't think I'd mind the halogens until I re-drove a car with HIDs), and heated steering wheel.

Was up at The Exchange last night, they have a couple new ones that will be ready for sale by EOW, including a red one (similar to my current one)... but they're locked in at 15% off MSRP, no other negotiation.

IMO that's not enough of a discount. At least, not enough for me to really even consider trading.

Oh wow... Halogens.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Oh wow... Halogens.

When I was shopping for my D, inventory was slim pickings. They're still not super easy to come by. Most dealers that get them on trade sell them within 2-3 days. My dealer located this one for me out in LA as a lease termination.

Mine's really well optioned. Just missing some curious things. Someone must've ordered it a-la carte vs. selecting the packages. The premium paint color was a big $$$ option. It's got keyless entry and ignition (also $$$), Bose w/Surround Sound, Nav, Lane Change Assist, Lane Departure Warning (all things usually only on the "Premium Plus" package)... but missing super-common options like cooled seats and HIDs. They probably could have paid less for this thing with MORE options had they just selected the Premium Plus package. I didn't even realize it *didn't* have cooled seats or HIDs until I actually took delivery - I just assumed, given everything else it had, that it would.

Not a dealbreaker... but odd.

Jaber

Modero
When driving the wife's Santa Fe, vented seats and heated steering wheel is pretty nice. And being able to start it from anywhere.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
In for coilover pics
Moving again?
Yeah in May

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
When driving the wife's Santa Fe, vented seats and heated steering wheel is pretty nice. And being able to start it from anywhere.

Exactly.

My wife said "cooled seats are dumb". Then she got a set in her Boxster. She changed that tune pretty quickly.

I thought heated steering wheels were dumb. Then my GMC Sierra came with one... and I frickin loved it.

The loaner I had the last 2 days while having the diesel recall work done had a heated steering wheel....and it was super nice....

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Exactly.

My wife said "cooled seats are dumb". Then she got a set in her Boxster. She changed that tune pretty quickly.

I thought heated steering wheels were dumb. Then my GMC Sierra came with one... and I frickin loved it.

The loaner I had the last 2 days while having the diesel recall work done had a heated steering wheel....and it was super nice....

I would love to have cooled seats, I'd rather have cooled seats than heated. I rarely use mine.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
15% on a vehicle 2 years old isn't enough for me.

Although one of my customers just bought a new 2016 Hell cat for essentially 15% off. He felt that was a good deal so I dunno. I think I would had tried to get more off, but he's loaded so maybe didn't care as much.

when I built my D Ram, they took off roughly 18% and it was a new model year (granted some of that was incentives from Ram).

I just bought a new jeep for one of my guys a couple weeks ago and it was roughly 14% off MSRP for a 2018 sitting on their lot.

Even though it's new, as soon as you drive it off the lot, you will get hit with a 2 year old resale value. I can bet that is way more than 15%. I would expect a bit more off personally.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I would love to have cooled seats, I'd rather have cooled seats than heated. I rarely use mine.

Yeah I used my cooled seats in my truck year round.

Heated seats are nice on super cold days IMO - but I only run them while the heater is still warming up. Ice cold leather sucks when the car has been in an open-air parking garage all day in the winter.

15% on a vehicle 2 years old isn't enough for me.

Although one of my customers just bought a new 2016 Hell cat for essentially 15% off. He felt that was a good deal so I dunno. I think I would had tried to get more off, but he's loaded so maybe didn't care as much.

when I built my D Ram, they took off roughly 18% and it was a new model year (granted some of that was incentives from Ram).

I just bought a new jeep for one of my guys a couple weeks ago and it was roughly 14% off MSRP for a 2018 sitting on their lot.

Even though it's new, as soon as you drive it off the lot, you will get hit with a 2 year old resale value. I can bet that is way more than 15%. I would expect a bit more off personally.

Yeah I figured so... 15% just doesn't seem like enough. I'd think that 15% *to start with* ... not as a final price.

Right now the diesels are holding their value - comparing prices today to prices a year ago for used ones, they literally have not changed. At all. Tho I imagine some of that is now due to pent-up demand and the inability (until last week) to buy a new one.

Phur

Autocross Champion

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Yeah I used my cooled seats in my truck year round.

Heated seats are nice on super cold days IMO - but I only run them while the heater is still warming up. Ice cold leather sucks when the car has been in an open-air parking garage all day in the winter.

Yep I only use mine on super cold days too, like single digits cold.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I've never gotten to experience a heated steering wheel or cooled seats. I thought heated seats were dumb until I got the gti. I hate that my rabbit doesn't have them now.

pleb status.

On a side note I'm giving a presentation in an hour about artificial intelligence and how it relates to the insurance claims space. Going to be about 60 people there.

Picture everyone naked right?

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I've never gotten to experience a heated steering wheel or cooled seats. I thought heated seats were dumb until I got the gti. I hate that my rabbit doesn't have them now.

pleb status.

On a side note I'm giving a presentation in an hour about artificial intelligence and how it relates to the insurance claims space. Going to be about 60 people there.

Picture everyone naked right?
This is true. I have felt the joys of cooled seats in the summer not bad!!

And good luck sounds like a interesting presentation. In for live stream!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Wow yeah finally Friday. Weekend plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try to stay warm and finish x mas shopping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.