GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check engine light

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Hi, so about a month ago I got a random p0145 check engine light, I did some research and figured it was because I had an exhaust leak, I cleared it and it didn't come back till now. Now a month later I got the same p0145 and p2196 codes when driving up a hill in 6th gear. I went under my car to test for leaks, found a little leak on my downpipe reducer and midpipe connection, I bought new clamps and I thought I fixed the leak. It sounded a little better but I think there's still a leak and I assume it's the actual turbo to downpipe gasket. I also installed a new intake, ecs tuning full stage 1+2 intake (had a stage 1 carbonio before) but I don't see how an intake can throw this code. Could the downpipe to turbo gasket possibly be throwing the codes? Anyone have luck fighting the p0145 and p2196 codes.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Get some heat tape from AutoZone, put it around the connection the best you can, clear the code and see if it comes back

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Get some heat tape from AutoZone, put it around the connection the best you can, clear the code and see if it comes back

Its definatly a leak, i listened more from under the car and im 99% sure its a leak, im taking the downpipe apart, getting a new gasket and putting high temp rtv on the connections.