GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sightings

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
The one and only MKVI I've actually seen on the road was yesterday going north on I-5 near boeing field. It had 17" stock potato cutters and was a 4dr Tornado Red. Some old lady was driving it which seemed odd. I pulled into another lane so she could catch up in the now bumper to bumper traffic. No wave, nothing which I thought was odd since I was also in a TR 4Dr GTI...

Then when her lane passed my lane I saw in big stickers on the back hatch that it was a loaner car for one of the VW dealers up here... A GTI as a loaner? Wow. She must have normally driven a Jetta or something else lame not to notice another MKVI GTI on the road trying to let her catch up.

Actually, so far I haven't gotten a single wave from anyone MKV or MKVI... The GTI's are a cool sub-culture of VW's for sure, but not really in the same category as the aircoolded VW's. Maybe I just need to pass one of you guys on the road.

Honestly when I see GTI's up here..old people are driving them!!!!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Honestly when I see GTI's up here..old people are driving them!!!!

I don't apprecaite being called old!

BTW, we have the identical car except you have the color I really wanted.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
I mean old like 90 year olds!

I actually had a choice between Black or CW..went with black cause practically every car on the road is white =p

But I see yours is blue ^.^

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Whew, I have 54 years before I'm 90...lol.

daihard

Ready to race!
Saw a 2010 United Grey GTI (5-door) in the 24-hour Fitness parking lot in Lynnwood, right next to Alderwood Mall. Good to find a fellow GTI owner up north...

Alex.

Ready to race!
I always see a CS Gray one in the Bellevue Whole Foods.

But now MK6s are everywhere, it used to feel like I was the only one.

daihard

Ready to race!
I always see a CS Gray one in the Bellevue Whole Foods.

But now MK6s are everywhere, it used to feel like I was the only one.

I still rarely see MK6's, let alone MK6 GTI's, today. It may be different on the more affluent eastside (i.e. Bellevue, Redmond, etc), but here up north, I'd be darned if I saw one MK6 (GTI or not) per day. :)

jcarson112

Ready to race!
I still rarely see MK6's, let alone MK6 GTI's, today. It may be different on the more affluent eastside (i.e. Bellevue, Redmond, etc), but here up north, I'd be darned if I saw one MK6 (GTI or not) per day. :)

Amen to that!

In tacoma I even rarely see MkV's driving around. However I did happen to get lucky and see my first MkVi today ever in 2months of having mine.

Was a 2 door red going south on I-5 near 72nd ave.

daihard

Ready to race!
Amen to that!

In tacoma I even rarely see MkV's driving around. However I did happen to get lucky and see my first MkVi today ever in 2months of having mine.

Was a 2 door red going south on I-5 near 72nd ave.

So two Tornado Red GTIs in the Tacoma area? I should move down there! lol

jcarson112

Ready to race!
Hey daihard, can you put up a pic of the 35 tint on your ride? Want to get an idea of how dark it looks with the red. Also, where did you get it done and how much if you don't mind me asking?

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
I still haven't seen a MK6 up here in the Seattle to Everett area. I always see MK5 and below.