GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ahard48

Ready to race!
I just got one last weekend as well. Works great and the Bluetooth seems a lot faster.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I just installed the RCD330 Plus head unit. Fairly easy install minus dummy me forgetting to look for the radio adapter in the box it came in and wondering what heck to do about that for 10 minutes. I took the plastic trim off with just a credit card and fingers.

So far I'm impressed. The radio quality sounds identical and at times maybe deceivingly better. For those that initially thought it sounded flat, A. that was probably an old firmware revision and B. did you even mess with the audio controls? Lol, if your previous radio was tweaked and now you are back to stock settings, it certainly sounds different. I immediately went and tweaked them and it sounds awesome.

Everything is working regarding steering wheel controls minus the call button but that turns into an awesome bonus for me because I hated that bottom. I always pressed it by mistake and never used it. If I was going to make a call, I could do so 10000x faster by swiping my contact on the phone than talking to an ancient robot.

I haven't tested much else yet such as AndroidAuto but it has that, Mirrorlink and CarPlay. The screen touch response is flawless and it just looks complete now inside the car.

Let me know if you were on fence and have questions. I'll try to answer with as little time I've had with it. You can also DM later on if you run into this thread and want to know something. I'm sure I'll have more thoughts on it then.
In regards to the call/phone button . At least on my unit if I press it when a call comes in it answers the call . And you can also end the call by just pressing it. It's a great unit I agree.

Sent from my Pixel 2

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
In regards to the call/phone button . At least on my unit if I press it when a call comes in it answers the call . And you can also end the call by just pressing it. It's a great unit I agree.

Sent from my Pixel 2

I'll confirm this eventually but yeah I'm so glad I can't do accidental presses of it like I constantly used to. If it still works for at least answering/hanging up, then that is cool. I thought the center button on the right side could also perform this but I forget.

At least all those buttons still work fine including the volume/station on the side of the phone button.

This morning I played with the bluetooth a bit to get music going and adding contacts. The way you can select contacts is a heck of a lot easier. There is no need to use a voice command when you have giant favorite buttons of your contacts displayed on the screen you can easily tap.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Dropped my daughter off to school, and hit something very hard on the road on the way.....sitting in a parking lot next to the school with a flat front tire. Yay !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just figured out that my ECU may need to be replaced. The car runs fine, but the rear o2 sensor is throwing codes and apparently part of the ECU can get fried if the wiring gets messed up. Anyone know if any CCTA ecu will work or are there different ones depending on trim level/stock halogen vs xenon? Also anyone know around what price they usually go for? In good news my intercooler should be here thursday.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I can do 30F, thats pushing it though.

People at my office like

"Why you wearing shorts? Its freezing outside"

Well Tammy, im not outside am i? Its 73 in the office.

lol I deal with this all the time. They look at me like, should he be working here? What is wrong with him.

I simply reply, well I'm not planning on standing outside freezing to death. I can maintain my heat from the walk from the car to the building and the building is not 30f.:rolleyes:

Stg1needed

Today I tried to drive my mk6 and the battery died, hooked up scan tool, 9v in battery with key on. Sometimes it would slowly turn over and then start others not so much. Found out there is a battery retainer I didn't know about. Now I'm curious if it was the stock battery actually dying or if I may have a parasitic draw from something causing this to occur.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Today I tried to drive my mk6 and the battery died, hooked up scan tool, 9v in battery with key on. Sometimes it would slowly turn over and then start others not so much. Found out there is a battery retainer I didn't know about. Now I'm curious if it was the stock battery actually dying or if I may have a parasitic draw from something causing this to occur.

Being a 2012 it's probably the battery. They tend to not give you much of a warning before they crap out on these cars.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
6 years? That sounds amazing. Mine goes every three years, meaning I’m due any time now for the fourth. The only clue is that the engine cranks kinda weak on startup, which isn’t obvious until you put a fresh battery in and it fires up with enthusiasm.

I wonder if the southern heat has anything to do with my batteries dying so fast.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I wonder if the southern heat has anything to do with my batteries dying so fast.

I believe it. My OEM battery only lasted 2 years here in FL. I'm pretty sure the battery I replaced it with only lasted a couple years too. I won't buy a battery with a 2 year warranty anymore.

Stg1needed

That's what I was figuring, it was definitely the stock battery. Come to think of it, it was cranking slowly compared to my past vehicles but as the vehicle is new to me "2weeks" didn't think anything of it. Guess that makes sense as to why I got a code for de-energized performance to early ecm power relay code.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
That's what I was figuring, it was definitely the stock battery. Come to think of it, it was cranking slowly compared to my past vehicles but as the vehicle is new to me "2weeks" didn't think anything of it. Guess that makes sense as to why I got a code for de-energized performance to early ecm power relay code.
If you have a Costco membership the interstate h6 battery they sell fits perfectly . Has a #29 on the side . It's $120 after tax

Replaced my this past weekend

Sent from my Pixel 2

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Did a quick toe adjustment... rear toe is still perfect so my thrust angle should be good. The front toe is now set at 1/16" total toe out, or 1/32 (.07 degrees) toe out per wheel.

I lost my carpenter square and I can't find my digital angle finder so I can't check the camber, but when one of those things shows up if I see that my camber is "close enough" I may not even bother with an expensive rack alignment.

Install complete:

Eibach Pro-Kit springs (paired with Koni Sport struts, as installed previously)
Eibach 26/23 mm ARBs (currently set to soft)
Meyle HD front ARB links
B6 Passat/CC/S3 spindles
ECS subframe collar kit
FAG front wheel bearings
B6 Passat/CC/S3 Lemforder ball joints
Lemforder tie rod ends

Other suspension upgrades previously installed: Audi TT control arm bushings, ECS upper strut mounts, Koni Sport struts

It goes straight down the road and initial impressions on how it handles are positive. The car rides about the same as it did before, maybe even a touch better, but I haven't had it on any bad roads yet.

I took my time installing all of this stuff and it looks like that time paid off. It all went on right the first time; no odd clunks or noises or other problems to speak of, it drives as it should.