GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sun-visors w/o warning label?

labrite34

Passed Driver's Ed
hoping to find some black sunvisors (flip down w/ mirror and vanity light) without the warning sticker, does anyone know of a place selling them? or has anyone tried to remove the warning sticker from them?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
hoping to find some black sunvisors (flip down w/ mirror and vanity light) without the warning sticker, does anyone know of a place selling them? or has anyone tried to remove the warning sticker from them?

i have removed them on mine. What I did was soak a paper towel with goo gone and flipped the visor over. set the soaked paper towel on the visor for 20 min or so and it peels off. Getting the residue off is kind of difficult and requires some elbow grease. It was well worth it though, those stickers made the car feel cheap. looks so much better without them.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I removed my label. You need 91% Isopropyl alcohol and some clean cloths or paper towels. I did mine without removing the visors but you can which would make things easier. If you don't just be careful and don't get alcohol on the headliner or elsewhere. The key is to saturate the cloth with alcohol, set it on top of the label and let it sit for bit. Remove the cloth and the label should start to lift. You have to be careful though because over-saturating the visor will make it really wrinkly and chances are you will permanently ruin it. Its a balance between just enough and too much. It just takes patience.

Chances are once the label is removed there will be a little adhesive left behind which can be wiped away easily. You'll probably notice a slight color difference where the label was and the rest of the visor but after a while I don't notice it anymore.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Don't buy new. Those labels remove easily with 91% alcohol. Don't try to use any less pure of it won't work. Just remember to great the visor with something afterwards as you dry the heck out of it.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
How much color difference will there be where the label once was vs. the rest of the sun visor?