GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back from the dealer...continued saga

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
new topic I know, but the old one is now irrelevant. Love the United Gray! Great color, super clean looking. Now, for the crappy part.

They will not budge on the price of this thing, or not as much as the other dealer. I think if I really grind them, I can get it for 30K flat or a few hundred below, Sticker is $31,695. Its loaded, 4 door UG DSG Autobahn. I cant wait to play the negotiation game this weekend with cash in hand.

Oh, it was still in the white delivery wrapping paper and has not been inspected yet, so no one has driven it (it had 12 miles on it)! Took out another GTI though just for fun and to make sure this car is the one, and yes, it is.

CGTI

Ready to race!
not sure how you presented yourself, but if you showed too much enthusiasm, they may hold price on you. You may have to walk to show them they are not in the drivers seat. Have a max price you are ready to pay and stick. This site will help determine fair $
http://www.truecar.com/
Good Luck

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I walked out tonight, they were really pushing to sell today (of course), and with every step closer to the door the numbers dropped. Yeah I've been on true car before. Trust me, im very patient and not afraid to leave. Even if that means renting a car for a few months. I WILL NOT BE TAKEN!!

tornadoredgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
i went in to the dealer and expressed my interest in a 4 door black GTI with no options (ie: denver/no upgraded sound/etc)... came back 3 months later asking if they had the model I wanted. They didn't... but they had a Red 2 door TR GTI fully loaded (besides leather) sitting on the floor. The sales guy asked if I'd be interested in buying that one and I said no it had too many options, not my color, and the price was too high.

After talking to the dealer, I said I'd take the car if he'd lower it to the price i was asking for (24K, originally 29K - I know, he probably thought I was out of my mind). Turns out they really wanted to get rid of it because 2 weeks later I drove the car out of the lot :)

Timing and how desperate the dealer thinks you want the car has a lot to do with how much they are willing to negotiate.

Good luck and be patient!

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
Truecar's best deal was $29,158 or $1,300 below invoice in my area. The problem with these darn autobahns is they are hard to come by. They know it, and I know it. If I get close to that low 29k I think thats a good deal.

CGTI

Ready to race!
pull the trigger. you wont regret it.
I bought an 2010 in August. Autobahn 3D CSG....sticker was $31K and change. Paid $27,500 plus ttl. Last one on the lot. But also close to the 2011's coming out. Timing has a lot to do with it no doubt.

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
bring cash, tell them dealer b offered 29k and you want to see if they can do better since you would much rather deal with them, if they don't budge just walk out...wait 2-3 days till 2 days before end of month and they will call you begging to come in and get it.

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
bring cash, tell them dealer b offered 29k and you want to see if they can do better since you would much rather deal with them, if they don't budge just walk out...wait 2-3 days till 2 days before end of month and they will call you begging to come in and get it.

Well by the time I go in there on Saturday it will be the last day of the month!

Truecar's best deal was $29,158 or $1,300 below invoice in my area. The problem with these darn autobahns is they are hard to come by. They know it, and I know it. If I get close to that low 29k I think thats a good deal.

tell them you'll do it for 29,000 including 7 year/ 84k ext warranty...

that should even things out a bit... and at least you get a great warranty out of it...

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
Take your time if you walk in there with cash in your hand and SHOW them you are not desperate trust me YOU will get the car for way less than 30K. You have to be willing to budge and walk away... Make sure you keep business side & emotion in check if you want the best deal!!! Good luck man.

Gamx35

Ready to race!
I agreed, take your time. If you have to get the car from other State, then do it. You save the tax from the base price and there are Dealers our there want your business. Remember a good review for them last long in today market.

Autobah option is over priced.