jeez

Ready to race!
I may have been a bit excited when I saw it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha, I don't blame you, I would've done the same if I wasn't running errands

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!
With the boost reading update, does the car need an uprated map sensor or cobb just reads the higher boost

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wait sorry what boost reading update? There's nothing in the changelog of today's AP update about boost.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
BOOST CAP LIMIT

Supported UDSM Mk6 GTIs were previously limited to controlling around 21psi of boost pressure. This obviously limited cars with built motors and upgraded turbochargers. With new custom code, Accesstuner Pro can now accurately measure and control boost up to 42psi.

UberFast

Ready to race!
What about custom maps for the dsg? Do protuners have access to increase torque limit and shift points now??

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

11gti718

Ready to race!
BOOST CAP LIMIT

Supported UDSM Mk6 GTIs were previously limited to controlling around 21psi of boost pressure. This obviously limited cars with built motors and upgraded turbochargers. With new custom code, Accesstuner Pro can now accurately measure and control boost up to 42psi.

Does this mean people can start using the 3 bar map ? I think i read somewhere that cobb was limiting tuners for now. I guess this changes things ?

jeez

Ready to race!
BOOST CAP LIMIT

Thanks. Alex was talking about them working on a fix a couple of months ago. So with this, is there literally no need for a 3 BAR map sensor?

jeez

Ready to race!
What about custom maps for the dsg? Do protuners have access to increase torque limit and shift points now??

Not sure about that. Alex said they were working on it but didn't read anything in the release notes. Brobst has the better source lol so who knows. I didn't know we had torque limits...what are they?

Laimface

Ready to race!
Not sure about that. Alex said they were working on it but didn't read anything in the release notes. Brobst has the better source lol so who knows. I didn't know we had torque limits...what are they?

The way the release was written, this is the first wave of new features. I'm guessing more will be coming. They better hurry up and bring these out to the rest of the world as they're only available to USA cars at the moment!! :(

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I got a link from one of my cobb using buddies. If its what I think its going to be, I may be swapping within a year

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I updated my AP & it told me I couldn’t access the features bc of my tune

So it sounds like we need to pay a few bucks to all get our tunes updated.

Bummer. I was hoping to be done with paying for tunes a bit.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
This was a very exciting update to see. Here are answers to some of the questions:

1. You can update your AP, but the LC, FFS features won't be enabled until we rebuild the tunes.

2. We will be releasing a V1.10 of the tunes next week which will have these features in them. For those that have flash tunes with us, we will need to rebuild you tunes. However the cost will be much less than the original tune. We do this for other platforms we support and it will be $25 for a Version Update.

3. The boost limit update. This doesn't affect stock turbo cars as the stock turbo doesn't like to live above 1.5 bar (22psi) of boost.

However for bigger turbos we were limited to 1.5 bar of boost we could target. We could always read the 3 bar MAP sensor correctly but we couldn't ask the ECU to make more boost than 22psi. Now we can do this. For the custom tunes that WANT more boost and have the fuel octane to support it; we will need to do Top Up Tunes where we will once again walk boost up. You will also NEED a 3 bar MAP sensor to target above 22psi of boost.

This will all be available next week once we have more seat time with the update. I want to make sure that there are no unexpected issues. I will update again once everything is ready to roll out!

myslowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
This was a very exciting update to see. Here are answers to some of the questions:

1. You can update your AP, but the LC, FFS features won't be enabled until we rebuild the tunes.

2. We will be releasing a V1.10 of the tunes next week which will have these features in them. For those that have flash tunes with us, we will need to rebuild you tunes. However the cost will be much less than the original tune. We do this for other platforms we support and it will be $25 for a Version Update.

3. The boost limit update. This doesn't affect stock turbo cars as the stock turbo doesn't like to live above 1.5 bar (22psi) of boost.

However for bigger turbos we were limited to 1.5 bar of boost we could target. We could always read the 3 bar MAP sensor correctly but we couldn't ask the ECU to make more boost than 22psi. Now we can do this. For the custom tunes that WANT more boost and have the fuel octane to support it; we will need to do Top Up Tunes where we will once again walk boost up. You will also NEED a 3 bar MAP sensor to target above 22psi of boost.

This will all be available next week once we have more seat time with the update. I want to make sure that there are no unexpected issues. I will update again once everything is ready to roll out!

Yess! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

jeez

Ready to race!
3 bar map on the way [emoji106]

How does one know if their octane supports it? I'm 93. Would we need water meth for more boost? Hopefully not.