GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I was pretty hyped for wing stop too. We had one open just across the street from my work about a year ago. I went once and that was good enough for me.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
B-Dubs all dayyyyyy! Reward Points are where it's at. I only get em on Thursday when discounted though.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
wangs

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Today weather permitted i'm going to try and get ym side skirts correctly sitting flush on the back 8-10" on both sides. right now they're pulling away from the car for unknown reasons. I was going to put a heat gun to it and try to bend it, but wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas? i considered screwing into place but i do not want to possibly get a rust-out situation started where one should not manifest...

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Today weather permitted i'm going to try and get ym side skirts correctly sitting flush on the back 8-10" on both sides. right now they're pulling away from the car for unknown reasons. I was going to put a heat gun to it and try to bend it, but wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas? i considered screwing into place but i do not want to possibly get a rust-out situation started where one should not manifest...
why not try some form of glue? Like silicon or epoxy?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
why not try some form of glue? Like silicon or epoxy?

I'd like to have this be reverable without damaging the finish of the attachment point. Epoxy would probably do some damage. I'll look into the silicon, but if 3M automotive tape cant hold it in place... not sure what that kind of adhesive would do long term. figured bending the skirts just a bit and re-doing the 3M tape job would fix it.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'd like to have this be reverable without damaging the finish of the attachment point. Epoxy would probably do some damage. I'll look into the silicon, but if 3M automotive tape cant hold it in place... not sure what that kind of adhesive would do long term. figured bending the skirts just a bit and re-doing the 3M tape job would fix it.

I would do that too. Heat and new 3m Tape

ce4

Ready to race!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So last night when i went to leave the local hookah lounge i started my car and the it gave me a ESP/ABS error on start up. I turned the car off and restarted it and the errors didnt come back on. Well this morning i go to leave for work and boom same errors upon start up followed by Error:Airbag. I only work 2 blocks away so i drive to work without restarting the car (i tried to read codes via the Cobb AP but no codes were there). Anyways i get about a block away and the car clears all the codes and i dont have them for the other block drive.

Any idea? I have Vagcom i can scan when i get home but just seemed weird.

ce4

Ready to race!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So last night when i went to leave the local hookah lounge i started my car and the it gave me a ESP/ABS error on start up. I turned the car off and restarted it and the errors didnt come back on. Well this morning i go to leave for work and boom same errors upon start up followed by Error:Airbag. I only work 2 blocks away so i drive to work without restarting the car (i tried to read codes via the Cobb AP but no codes were there). Anyways i get about a block away and the car clears all the codes and i dont have them for the other block drive.

Any idea? I have Vagcom i can scan when i get home but just seemed weird.

i recall reading something about this on here i think, but forget. let me look around today while im having downtime at work...