GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I grew up in a basement apartment, in the winter it was cold as balls. The landlord didn't want to replace the windows, so my dad would make his own insulation/seal kit, with stuff from the shop. 6/6, would recommend.

I’m on basement floor. Exact. Same. Situation. So fucking cold in here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
My last place was in the basement. It got really cold. But what was nice was gas was included in rent, and we had a gas fireplace.. you best believe that thing was running 24/7. My electric bill was for the few lights I had on during winter. I think I paid like 20 bucks or something each month. Now my bill is like 80-90 cause almost everything is electric.

Jaber

Modero
I’m on basement floor. Exact. Same. Situation. So fucking cold in here lol

At least it is cooler in the summer.

My last place was in the basement. It got really cold. But what was nice was gas was included in rent, and we had a gas fireplace.. you best believe that thing was running 24/7. My electric bill was for the few lights I had on during winter. I think I paid like 20 bucks or something each month. Now my bill is like 80-90 cause almost everything is electric.

We lived in an apartment after getting married. Ran a window AC unit for one summer, highest electric bill was $230 :eek:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

We lived in an apartment after getting married. Ran a window AC unit for one summer, highest electric bill was $230 :eek:

When I lived at the in laws, we had to run a space heater during the winter. We hit about that much just ourselves cause we helped pay the bills there. The bill was around 5 or 600.... AC units and space heaters are great at fuckin up your electric bills.

Jaber

Modero
When I lived at the in laws, we had to run a space heater during the winter. We hit about that much just ourselves cause we helped pay the bills there. The bill was around 5 or 600.... AC units and space heaters are great at fuckin up your electric bills.

In our current house, our daughters bedroom can get really cold when temps go into single digits. Her bedroom is right above the garage. I insulated the outside wall, but I ran out, so there are still spots where there is no insulation. I might insulate the garage door too. We use a space heater right now, that kicks on at certain temperatures. We have it set to 65, just incase it gets that low at night. Luckily she doesn't mind a cold room, sometimes she prefers it.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
In our current house, our daughters bedroom can get really cold when temps go into single digits. Her bedroom is right above the garage. I insulated the outside wall, but I ran out, so there are still spots where there is no insulation. I might insulate the garage door too. We use a space heater right now, that kicks on at certain temperatures. We have it set to 65, just incase it gets that low at night. Luckily she doesn't mind a cold room, sometimes she prefers it.

Could try insulating the garage too. That could help.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

That’s what my bill was on 3rd floor lol. Weird thing here is the gas bill is split between the entire building. No idea what it’s going to be. But we’ll see I guess.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Heating pad ftw. Did you stretch first though?

Balmy AND no pants. This chat just went NSFW till 6am EST

cold meat don't stretch, i did after about 20 minutes of heat tho. back isn't quite so angry with me.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Boosted took day off work. For some reason now he can’t get on the forums. Iono

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Boosted took day off work. For some reason now he can’t get on the forums. Iono

He's on. Just not logged in. I guarantee it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Could try insulating the garage too. That could help.

Yep.

Our master bedroom is above my garage. It's generally the coolest room in the house, temp-wise. I added a natural gas heater in the garage and run it in the winter to help keep things warm. I also updated to insulated garage doors. I think the garage doors made the biggest difference. Heater OFF it's ~52 degrees in the garage. Heater on the lowest setting, it's ~58. I can get it up into the upper 60s pretty quickly in there. I usually just leave it on the lowest setting and then have a floor fan aimed up at the ceiling to circulate the air. Otherwise the ceiling is like 75 degrees and the rest of the garage is in the low 50s.

I'd put a ceiling fan in the garage but the wife has been bugging me to put one in the master... so if I do one, I have to do them both. And I don't want to do both.

Jaber

Modero
Yep.

Our master bedroom is above my garage. It's generally the coolest room in the house, temp-wise. I added a natural gas heater in the garage and run it in the winter to help keep things warm. I also updated to insulated garage doors. I think the garage doors made the biggest difference. Heater OFF it's ~52 degrees in the garage. Heater on the lowest setting, it's ~58. I can get it up into the upper 60s pretty quickly in there. I usually just leave it on the lowest setting and then have a floor fan aimed up at the ceiling to circulate the air. Otherwise the ceiling is like 75 degrees and the rest of the garage is in the low 50s.

I'd put a ceiling fan in the garage but the wife has been bugging me to put one in the master... so if I do one, I have to do them both. And I don't want to do both.

Sounds like I will do the garage doors soon then. Found one on Amazon, but maybe I will check our Home Depot and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.