GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leasing? What are you paying...

arda

I have a base 2dr with $14,076 residual, paying $225/month with $225 down payment. 36months, 36k miles.

mortis

Ready to race!
its not going to be cheap. Its really strange for a 31k car to be almost $500 a month. It should be close to $400. A3's are cheaper than GTI's, what gives?

The residual along with the price of the car will determine the month payments. Remember, you are not paying 31k for the car. You are only paying the portion of the car that you will use. I work for a Toyota dealership and right now you can get a $27,000.00 Tacoma for $289.00 per month for 36 months. That's with $1999.00 plus tax, title and license. The residual is a crazy 71% after 3 years.

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
Worries you in a good or bad?

bad, very bad. A 30k car should be $400 or less a month. For example, my current car was 42k and I pay $489 inc tax. Plus i only put down 2k and have 15k miles per year. I had one dealer quote me over $500 on a GTi Autobahn, crazy stuff.

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
The residual along with the price of the car will determine the month payments. Remember, you are not paying 31k for the car. You are only paying the portion of the car that you will use. I work for a Toyota dealership and right now you can get a $27,000.00 Tacoma for $289.00 per month for 36 months. That's with $1999.00 plus tax, title and license. The residual is a crazy 71% after 3 years.

Valid point for sure. I'd say in a standard lease your residual should be around 50% based on 3 years.

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
bad, very bad. A 30k car should be $400 or less a month. For example, my current car was 42k and I pay $489 inc tax. Plus i only put down 2k and have 15k miles per year. I had one dealer quote me over $500 on a GTi Autobahn, crazy stuff.

But I'm putting $0 down (except for 1st month's payment and fees).. The car ends up being $29,800 and if you put down the rate as .00063 and the residual being 53% (which is what it is I believe) into a lease calculator it actually adds up.. when I did this math last night prior to speaking with the dealership it ended up being more.

Volkswaggin

I put $0 down paid just tag and title ($500) and i pay $371 for a 2dr 6mt with sunroof and 18 Detroits! oh and 15000 miles a year for 36 months!

Back2myRoots

Newb here only
But I'm putting $0 down (except for 1st month's payment and fees).. The car ends up being $29,800 and if you put down the rate as .00063 and the residual being 53% (which is what it is I believe) into a lease calculator it actually adds up.. when I did this math last night prior to speaking with the dealership it ended up being more.

The residual is 47% or 48%, not 53%. I don't remember which one, because I think it recently changed from one to the other. But it's definitely NOT 53%.

The autobahn package for a 4 door auto is $31.5k, plus tax, minus about $1500 in down payment was $550/month. I know this because I walked away from an audobahn and got a standard w/ sunroof instead.

4 Door, DSG, Sunroof, GTI mats, $800 down, ($300 cash back - weird payoff rule from the dealer.. they overpaid) $450/month.

I spent many many many days on this website, and it was very helpful:

http://www.leasecompare.com

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
The residual is 47% or 48%, not 53%. I don't remember which one, because I think it recently changed from one to the other. But it's definitely NOT 53%.

The autobahn package for a 4 door auto is $31.5k, plus tax, minus about $1500 in down payment was $550/month. I know this because I walked away from an audobahn and got a standard w/ sunroof instead.

4 Door, DSG, Sunroof, GTI mats, $800 down, ($300 cash back - weird payoff rule from the dealer.. they overpaid) $450/month.

I spent many many many days on this website, and it was very helpful:

http://www.leasecompare.com

It kind of seems like you got fucked.. I just signed the papers tonight and taking delivery on Thursday. 4 door auto with the autobahn package, black, all the winter stuff and mats and all that non-sense.. $0 down, $338 in fees and first month's payment due at signing.. monthly payment of $490.

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
I have a Europenan GTI, cost me 37k Euro, I am in leasing for 3 years, I paid cash 9k euro cash before I ordered it and pay 620 euro every month and 4k last cash. 1st year is over, I hope this summer I clear this debth and get her to my name officially:)

vald1990

Passed Driver's Ed
mine is 330 a month, 0 down 10k a year for 3 years, if your leasing, advice is to put as little down as possible. and if your getting the autobahn just dig a bit deeper and get a audi/benz c300 because the gti w/ autobahn package has a pretty bad residual value, gti that are completely stock have higher residuals, this is what two dealerships told me.

i would get the sun/nav package if u want a gti(roughly 365/month), not a autobahn, unless you really wanna spend 30k+ on a vw, you could easily get a brand new Audi a4/a3 loaded for like 450 a month and that's probably slightly less then the gti w/ autobahn and nothing down

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
mine is 330 a month, 0 down 10k a year for 3 years, if your leasing, advice is to put as little down as possible. and if your getting the autobahn just dig a bit deeper and get a audi/benz c300 because the gti w/ autobahn package has a pretty bad residual value, gti that are completely stock have higher residuals, this is what two dealerships told me.

i would get the sun/nav package if u want a gti(roughly 365/month), not a autobahn, unless you really wanna spend 30k+ on a vw, you could easily get a brand new Audi a4/a3 loaded for like 450 a month and that's probably slightly less then the gti w/ autobahn and nothing down

Have you ever tried to load up an A4 or an A3 on Audi's site..?? Definitely way more expensive than a GTI w/Autobahn..

AzWildcat04

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you ever tried to load up an A4 or an A3 on Audi's site..?? Definitely way more expensive than a GTI w/Autobahn..

True, but he has a point with the resid. I was quoted $500 w/taxes a month for 15k miles a year on a $37,000 A3 with a true $0 down. Now thats a smokin deal. Also, was quoted roughly low 400's for an a3 that was $33,000. The more I look around (I really want leather btw) the GTI is making less sense.

Back2myRoots

Newb here only
It kind of seems like you got fucked.. I just signed the papers tonight and taking delivery on Thursday. 4 door auto with the autobahn package, black, all the winter stuff and mats and all that non-sense.. $0 down, $338 in fees and first month's payment due at signing.. monthly payment of $490.

Or.. no.. I didn't get "fucked".. 3.75% of retail price due for documentation fee + transfer tags and destination, for Delaware, 36 month lease, 12k miles a year, was about $547 a month...

Check leasecompare.com.. $31,905 sticker including the protection kit, with 0 down and 36 months is $519 a month, then add 3.75% documentation fee plus destination and transfer tag fees, then you equal $550 a month.

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
Or.. no.. I didn't get "fucked".. 3.75% of retail price due for documentation fee + transfer tags and destination, for Delaware, 36 month lease, 12k miles a year, was about $547 a month...

Check leasecompare.com.. $31,905 sticker including the protection kit, with 0 down and 36 months is $519 a month, then add 3.75% documentation fee plus destination and transfer tag fees, then you equal $550 a month.

Then maybe I got a great deal lol because I got the protection kit as well.. and put $0 down.. Or maybe it's just cheaper for Ohio? *shrug*

BeauG

Ready to race!
Honestly, seems like you all got fucked... You guys are seriously paying $450 a month for a Sunroof package? Maybe I'm just spoiled because I take care of my credit, but it seems like people make a lot of bad decisions just to own a car.

I financed my car and I'm paying less than some of you. That doesn't make sense at all... Sticker on my car was close to $31,000, talked them down to $27,500 with added GTI rubber mats, traded in an $800 car that I bought for $1, and my payments are $460/month for a fully loaded 2011 4dr Autobahn.

Last edited: