GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MFI display after APR flash, setting or issue?

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
On the way home from getting flashed stage 1 I noticed my odometer only shows up when I am not moving. Once the cars starts to move it says MPH --- and then has a circle whith an arrow pointing at the 10 o'clock position. Note, the speed shows up fine in its normal spot, this is below the line where the mileage is normally shown. Before I bring it back in, I just wanted to see if a setting got changed. 2012 if it matters, I'll try and get a picture uploaded as well.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Turn off your cruise control.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Where is the smiley for embarrassed ?

In my defense i have logged 12k miles in about 6 months and have never used cruise control once.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Where is the smiley for embarrassed ?

In my defense i have logged 12k miles in about 6 months and have never used cruise control once.

What is more shocking that you don't know the basic feature of the car after 12k miles. :laugh:

Did you know there is a cooling duct inside the glove box?

Fordson

Ready to race!
No, ignore those guys...

What happened is that because you flashed your ECU, now, according to the MFI, you have NO miles on your car, and that's why the display does not work.

So in addition to VW of American cancelling your entire warranty for going Stage I, now the Feds are coming after you for ODOMETER TAMPERING.

You're in trouble...:)

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
What is more shocking that you don't know the basic feature of the car after 12k miles. :laugh:

Did you know there is a cooling duct inside the glove box?

Lol, yes. I even know the windshield wipers slow down when you come to a stop :thumbup:

Hmm, I have only 6 posts, maybe I should just make a new screen name and act like this never happened.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Lol, yes. I even know the windshield wipers slow down when you come to a stop :thumbup:

Hmm, I have only 6 posts, maybe I should just make a new screen name and act like this never happened.

:laugh: :thumbup: