GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

24 month lease - 2013 GTI Autobahn

hellmuth

Hi guys,
i'm currently looking to lease a 2013 GTI "Autobahn" edition with a 24 month term for my wife. Since i'm a foreign business professional, i dont have the option of traditional financing but at the same time, i automatically qualify for top-tire credit.

I went to the local deal today and he gave me this quote:

2013 GTI, 4dr, Autobahn
MSRP: 32,745
Sales Price: 31,060

Monthly Rate: 523$

Thoughts? Thanks a lot!

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I want to say that $523 is very high but...it is a 24 month lease and I didn't even know those existed. Is the lease payment covered by your company/country...because if it is...why worry about the price? hahah

hellmuth

so are you just guessing that its high? A 24 month lease will quite obviously be higher than a 36 month lease....

if it was paid by the company id hardly worry about it. Why would my company pay a car for my wife?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why can't you buy the car? This is a shitty deal you end up paying $12,500 to rent this car for 2 years.

hellmuth

Because I dont have the cash and the visa im on is valid for 29 month, hence i cant get a 36 month lease.

What would be a decent deal then?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Because I dont have the cash and the visa im on is valid for 29 month, hence i cant get a 36 month lease.

What would be a decent deal then?

Buy the car... sell in 2 years.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
dunno people dont seem to read posts.

thanks for the "help" thou

You asked if $523 a month is a good deal to rent a GTI, so far folks told you no.

If money is no object and you have to have the car then do; it otherwise you may want to do something more financially sound.

Given your fiscal and geographical constrictions I don't know why you are even considering a new car purchase.

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
^ Its not a purchase, its a 2 year lease..

whatever

Passed Driver's Ed
hellmuth, we need additional details to evaluate a lease. Sales price and monthly payment are not enough since leases are much more complex than purchases. Please provide the following:

1) Residual car value at 24 months
2) Money Factor
3) Does your payment include money down? Taxes? Fees?

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
so are you just guessing that its high? A 24 month lease will quite obviously be higher than a 36 month lease....

if it was paid by the company id hardly worry about it. Why would my company pay a car for my wife?

It's just I thought you might be a diplomat because they can have multiple cars paid for them and even imported if they wanted to...but for your situation a 24 month lease is ideal because you literally won't have to worry about anything when you return the car.

How many miles per year are you looking at? What is the money factor and depreciation % for the 24 months, did the dealer tell you? Also...make sure it is $0 down, 1st month, taxes and title only.

Also, just an example I know someone who leased an Infiniti G37x (with nav.) for 24 months, 10k miles per year, and is only paying 379 a month...different car and different money factor and depreciation. But you can see why I said I think $523 is a bit high.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Dude you can buy it for that much that's about how much you would pay a month for an Autobahn.

So bad deal for a lease.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Dude you can buy it for that much that's about how much you would pay a month for an Autobahn.

So bad deal for a lease.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

What would be the decent range for a monthly lease payment (+ tax) for a 42 month lease? Is VW still paying for the first month lease (per its sign and drive program)?