GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Griots Multi Fluid Extractor Quick Review

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Did my first oil change with the Multi Fluid Extractor. I know some will debate whether it's better to use the drain plug but I feel fine using it every other change on a 5k interval for now.

I dropped in the larger of the two dip stick tubes and pushed it down the dip stick tube, I let my 6 year old son pump it a few times and let the oil start flowing. It flows pretty quick at first, after about 2 quarts I went inside to eat dinner. When I came back out it had finished though I needed to pump it some more, maybe 45 seconds to get the last bit. I used 5 quarts to fill up so it seemed to get just about everything. Slapped in a vw oil filter and I was done with no mess!

The only downside I see at this point I'm not really sure how to clean it out and once you remove the tube there is a hole in the top. That's fine as long as it doesn't tip over but I just know it will fall over at some point and I'll have a little oil spot to clean up.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
$89

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/multi+fluid+extractor.do

I've heard it's a rebranded pump and that you can get the same thing cheaper at a marine supply shop but I was ordering some stuff from them anyway. With the bogo going on at advance on the castrol syntec I figure I can save a good bit of money changing oil for me and the wife's car and it takes away the excuse that I don't feel like climbing under when it's too cold or hot.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
I ended up buying the pella that was on the diesekgeek side, used it on my GTI and also removed all the oil, really quick and not so messy.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
I looked up the pela, pretty sure that's who makes the unit for Griots, looks the exact same. The model number is Pela 650 btw

GTIProject

Ready to race!
We use much bigger ones all the time at my dealer - powered by compressed air. Most newer cars are designed for the oil to be sucked out rather than drained. In most cases you are able to suck out more oil than you could drain out due to the design of the oil pan.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
We use much bigger ones all the time at my dealer - powered by compressed air. Most newer cars are designed for the oil to be sucked out rather than drained. In most cases you are able to suck out more oil than you could drain out due to the design of the oil pan.

I have also found this to be true from personal experience. I sleep like a baby at night knowing that oil is never going to drip from my factory installed drain plug. :thumbsup: