GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stg2+ Hesitation 5th and 6th

huzidada

Banned
Hey guys So my R is back from cam follower failure. Car is moving stronger than ever and Im really happy besides a stange hesitation in 5th and 6th gear at 5K to 6k RPM Car has boost then no boost, boost and then no boost, I can see the boost drop on my Electronic Boost controller. Checked for boost leaks, sparks and coils, all seemed good. Decided to pull out my MAF and the hesitation disaapears, but I do get a bit of timing pull.

Is my MAF blown or having an intake issue? It wasnt present before and nothings changed in the intake or tune( both Unitronic), and besides the repair work done, only thing added was the boost controller.

MAF idles at 4g/s and I get the usual 248G/s flow at WOT( normal for a larger diameter intake and my altitude).

**FIXED- COMBINATION OF NEW PLUGS BKR8EIX AND FUEL FILTER(CRACKED OLD ONE OPEN AND IT WAS FILTHY) AND PROBLEM SOLVED. NEVER OVELOOK THE SIMPLEST OF THINGS PEOPLE

Last edited:

huzidada

Banned
So Guy from logs Ive done it seems my injectors are maxing out for some reason. Even though Ive run same files perfectly before, and HPFP and LPFP readings seem to be on point.

Anyone keen to take a look at my logs, or direct me in the right direction?

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
see i noticed this too. mine hesitates ones then goes like hell. i thought it was slippage forst then upgraded to RSR clutch, still does the same thing. not sure. I have GIAC stg 2. not sure what you have tho. honestly im at the point where i dont really care anymore about it.

huzidada

Banned
Unitronic on both counts.

Looked for boost keaks ...fuel leaks...and a 101 other things logged. Just as I was about to give up, I changed the fuel filter. Viola. Problem sorted!!!

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Unitronic on both counts.

Looked for boost keaks ...fuel leaks...and a 101 other things logged. Just as I was about to give up, I changed the fuel filter. Viola. Problem sorted!!!

hmmm, i have not changed the fuel filter, and the car has close to 40K on it, maybe that could be it too i will give that a shot!

do you remember the part number?

huzidada

Banned
Yes I do. Its a new 6.6 bar filter compared to the old 6.4 I believe. You should see rating stamped on the top side of filter.

1K0 201 051 K

Please let me know if this has helped. If not , next step would be to check your ignition system. Both spark and coils.

Do you have VCDS?

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Yes I do. Its a new 6.6 bar filter compared to the old 6.4 I believe. You should see rating stamped on the top side of filter.

1K0 201 051 K

Please let me know if this has helped. If not , next step would be to check your ignition system. Both spark and coils.

Do you have VCDS?

Nope :/ a buddy of mine does maybe he can help log.

I did upgrade the plugs on it when I got the tune, and also put in new plugs, I'll give the filter a shot. I know it's part of the maintenance anyways, so, I'll try and let you know how it goes. Thanks for giving the part number. Really appreciate it.

Sent from my distraction device

huzidada

Banned
Its a pleasure. If it doesnt help then keep in touch. Let you know what logs to run.

Did you mean to say you changed coils too? Gapped to .028?

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
I'm just adding my 2cents in here. Remember that your DSG can slip, especially with K04 torque levels. And to make it worse, it's even more prevalent in higher gears and high load (like what you're doing). You'll be able to see if it's DSG clutchpacks slipping by looking at your RPM counter. You'll notice the RPM counter takes a "dip" and then comes back up.

If I were you, I would look at my Spark plugs and their gap. You need to be running BKR8's with a gap at 0.026" if I remember correctly. Also make sure you don't have a bad batch of fuel!